Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Source for A1 stripped uppers and 1:7 A1 profile FSB barrels?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by herd118 View Post
    Brownell's just jumped into the retro a1 upper game:
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...20-174440.aspx
    I think I saw somewhere, maybe TOS, that Brownells is looking into a run of their A1 barrels with a 1:7 twist. Might be worth contacting them to ask about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RiflemanBobcat View Post
    I think I saw somewhere, maybe TOS, that Brownells is looking into a run of their A1 barrels with a 1:7 twist. Might be worth contacting them to ask about it.
    Thanks for the heads up, and I'll keep an eye out on that. I bought one of their A1 uppers, so I'm progressing.

Lately, though, especially after being inspired by militarymoron's lovely retro post, I've been thinking about doing an XM177-E2 instead. I've subsequently also been looking at lightweight carbine barrels. It seems that the only ones with the correct profile out there are the 6720 barrel militarymoron cut down (which is OOS everywhere), some OOP Daniel Defense barrels, and some Double Star offerings. I don't see the point of cutting down a $250 Double Star 14.5" lightweight barrel assembly and pinning an $130 muzzle device on it if the Colt barrel costs just $20 more, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Those are patterned after the ones used on the Colt Model XM607. This is my 607 clone.

This is literally what I'm wanting. I'm not really looking to build a retro gun. Because I'm going to refinish it but I do want a SBR, carry handle, a1 stock, triangle handgaurds

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Parachute Pants View Post
    I just wanted to add a bit to this topic:

I recently received a 16" Faxon GUNNER barrel, and, despite what the picture looks like on their website, the specs listed for it are correct; the gas block journal is 1.9" long, so there is enough room to pin an FSB. I was considering using their 20" GUNNER barrel as a more modern interpretation of the A1 pencil profile barrel. Here's the barrel I had in mind:

http://faxonfirearms.com/20-gunner-5...ngth-4150-qpq/
    Checked our website. Does show the 1.9" gas block journal. With the thin barrel, it certainly can be deceiving!

Feedback Score

Cool

My retro M16A1 rifle currently in the works will be built with this barrel. These are nice no-nonsense folks and they will see to it you get what you need.

Fulton Armory: http://www.fulton-armory.com/barrelf...melined-1.aspx

As you can see these are 1-8" twist chrome-lined .625 20" pencil barrels made by Criterion, who produces quality barrels. This barrel is the correct profile for your build.

Faxon also makes great barrels. I have a couple of theirs and I have no problems with them whatsoever. Later this year I plan on building a 7.62x39 Dissipator using one of their barrels. Looking forward to that particular build too.
    Last edited by GRA556; 01-08-17 at 21:55.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 01-08-17 at 22:27.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The other day, Brownells sent out word on another forum that they are just about to receive an order of their new A1 barrel assemblies. They are in route to them as I write this. They posted that you could go ahead and post an order for one, but it would temporarily be on backorder. I ordered one immediately. Here is their post from 1/5/17.

"We were notified by the manufacturer that the first batch of 20" A1 1-12 Barrel Assemblies shipped to us yesterday. These should post on the site next week.
    If you'd like to call in your order, our part number is 100-020-999. Again, they're not in-stock, but you can backorder it if you'd like
    ."
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    My retro M16A1 rifle currently in the works will be built with this barrel. These are nice no-nonsense folks and they will see to it you get what you need.

Fulton Armory: http://www.fulton-armory.com/barrelf...melined-1.aspx

As you can see these are 1-8" twist chrome-lined .625 20" pencil barrels made by Criterion, who produces quality barrels. This barrel is the correct profile for your build.

Faxon also makes great barrels. I have a couple of theirs and I have no problems with them whatsoever. Later this year I plan on building a 7.62x39 Dissipator using one of their barrels. Looking forward to that particular build too.
    This is the barrel I was interested in as well. Who are you having drill and pin the FSP on for you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt191145lover View Post
    This is the barrel I was interested in as well. Who are you having drill and pin the FSP on for you?

I might be missing an understanding here. Please specify which barrel you're asking me about again. I apologize for my mistake here.
    Last edited by GRA556; 03-11-17 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    If I understand you correctly now ... I just checked Fulton's site and did not see the complete barrel being offered anymore. When I purchased mine I either purchased what was then offered as a complete barrel assembly or had them install the FSP, etc., prior to shipping it. I will have to find my invoice somewhere and check (this may take a while ... LOL) but I will check for you if you want (let me know).

I have used a gunsmith here locally that has good lathe skills and he has installed a couple for me for $75.00 each with me supplying all the parts but that's been a few years.

Here's his link: http://www.vandenbergcustom.com

You can call him and see what he says. No-nosense gentleman and I've had NO problems whatsoever with his work.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast