Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Source for A1 stripped uppers and 1:7 A1 profile FSB barrels?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes it was the Criterion barrel. I thought id email Fulton and see if they offer that service.
    Thank you for the info!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt191145lover View Post
    Yes it was the Criterion barrel. I thought id email Fulton and see if they offer that service.
    Thank you for the info!
    OK ... I was able to get in to their site and check my order history. Yes indeed, they charged $75.00 for pinning that sight. It appears I bought all the pieces from them to assemble the upper and paid them to pin the sight and ship the barrel as a completed barrel assembly. This was purchased in May of last year.

It appears now when I told you they once offered the completed assembly I got confused with a completed cut-down Dissipator barrel they once sold but no longer offer. My apologies.

What I actually did was one day several months earlier I called and ordered a C-7 upper. I remember they put a technician on the phone who explained/warned the C-7 uppers they had remaining were alll close-tolerance with the bolt carrier and charging handle so they sold me those 3 parts together. A few months later I bought their lower receiver, a bolt, and the barrel, etc., (above), so this was 2 separate purchases for the same weapon.

I've recently finished that build and I must say that was the absolute smoothest build I've done to date. That barrel nut aligned at right around 42 lbs. of torque and everything went together flawlessly. Everything fits; no burrs on anything, etc., and the finish on both receivers is a perfect match. This weapon is every bit as smooth an assembly as anything from the Colt factory. I'm very pleased so far.

I'll post a photo of it here once I get the hand guard situation sorted out. I bought a pair of triangulars online and although I was told both sides came off the same weapon they don't line up on the underside. I'm trying to find the elusive LH side in good shape at a decent price or I'll be using a set of airsoft hand guards I purchased new and cheap yet fit like a glove.

Cannot wait to get this to the range. Nasty rainy weather here in Gulf Coast Texas is causing too many problems and setbacks.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awsome!
    Ive been wanting to do a M16A1 build for a lot of years and i think that barrel with that twist rate is going seal the deal

I did find this company as well but have no experience with them.
    http://www.shop.dezarms.com/product....&categoryId=27
    Last edited by colt191145lover; 03-11-17 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    Awsome!
    Ive been wanting to do a M16A1 build for a lot of years and i think that barrel with that twist rate is going to seal the deal.
    I waited for the longest too. I looked and watched forever contemplating building an A1 from all-original parts or building a clone vs retro. I weighed the options and finally decided to do a "mutt" ... LOL

I did not want to use the big pin Colt and the lower receivers are pricey. When I discovered the original A1 models had a 1-12" twist I regrouped and decided to do a retro "mutt". By this I mean I used a combination of original Colt, new Colt, and other aftermarket parts.

My entire stock assembly is an original A1 as is the rear sights with an NOS Colt buttpad. I did have to order the tiny 1/16" pin for the sight wheel off e-bay as they cannot be found in local hardware stores. The small parts I used (all pins and springs, bolt catch, mag release) are new Colt parts. The fire control group is new BCM except I substituted a MCARBO 4.5 lbs. hammer spring and the pull is smooth. The rest of the parts, to include the receivers, BCG, and barrel is all from Fulton Armory. I used an ERGO STO A2 grip. I'm trying to find an NOS OD green sling and of course the hand guards and I'll be 100% done. It was a fun and smooth build. Have fun and good luck with yours.

Feedback Score
    Awsome!
    Ive been wanting to do a M16A1 build for a lot of years and i think that barrel with that twist rate is going seal the deal

I did find this company as well but have no experience with them.
    http://www.shop.dezarms.com/product....&categoryId=27
    Never heard of nor seen these folks. Might be worth checking in to though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I always stick with well known brands for my serious use rifles, being this one is more of a "toy"I thought id ask around.

Feedback Score
    I always stick with well known brands for my serious use rifles, being this one is more of a "toy"I thought id ask around.
    Both of their pencil barrels offered are cheaper and they both have good twist rates. As long as they are 100% USA-made I don't see why not. If I ever do a 16" carbine I might give them a try.

Fulton Armory did do a good job of FSB installation and alignment, I must say; $75.00 mounted and although all the other parts were extra of course they installed the older "flat" delta assembly and triangular hand guard cap along with the sling swivel assembly. All I had to do was install the barrel assembly to the upper receiver and install the A1 rear sight assembly.

Personally I like pencil barrels. They are lighter and IMHO if you use a traditional A1/A2 FSP/gas block they seem to cool faster, even though they may heat faster.

Please share any information you may learn in the future with us here. Any information is good information and you can never seem to have enough of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Will do. The only thing i noticed that may be a issue to some is the Dez barrel comes with a M4 barrel extension.

Feedback Score
    Will do. The only thing i noticed that may be a issue to some is the Dez barrel comes with a M4 barrel extension.
    COOL ... just get M4 ramps cut in to the upper receiver. If you're not dead set on a pure Colt then you can do whatever you want. Build for the best of all features and generational upgrades.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is another one I ran across in my internet travels today... http://www.mckay-ent.com/ar15-m16/m1...nt-barrel.html
    Last edited by colt191145lover; 03-12-17 at 18:10. Reason: I suck at life...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast