Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Any drone enthusiast/hobbiest?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    The Mavic is an EDC drone.

Exactly. It's not the best for the job, but it's likely to be the one you have with you.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just found a couple of pretty cool vids. These guys really get to realistic details. Or practical details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfeUjMRJmmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXIze3FYoT4

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Litchi November Update.

November 2016 Updates
    iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
    Version 1.14.2
    - the "Center Autofocus" custom function can now be used in VR mode
    - fixed issue where in some cases a video decoder encryption error would incorrectly be shown
    - fixed issue where the battery would sometimes fail to connect
    Version 1.14.0 - 1.14.1
    - added support for Mavic Pro
    - added "Ocusync Preview Quality" and "Ocusync Transmission Channel" general settings (Mavic Pro only)
    - added support for Landing confirmation
    - added "Full HD Stream" and "Portrait Mode" camera settings (Mavic Pro only)
    - added "5D button" key bindings in general settings (Mavic Pro only)
    - added new custom functions for "Digital Zoom In/Out", "AE Lock/Unlock" and "Toggle Portrait Mode"
    - added "Peak Focus Threshold" general camera setting
    - fixed issues with optical zoom

How to connect iPAD Mini to Mavic Controller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bumping this thread for any updated info.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Phantom 4 Pro. I might wait till the Phantom 5 is released as I'm not in a huge hurry but I am wondering if the P4P, as of now, is still the one to get.

I really don't know much about these things but I like features that the P4P offers. The price, not so much, but I do have some Apple & Best Buy gift cards that need spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It seems like they keep adding more accident avoidance tech to them.

I've seen the Mavic on TV shows now a couple of times. One of them picked up the ransom I think it was. You know how you have to take the money 'alone' to the park and put it in a waste basket. don;t bring the cops... even though the cops are already involved. The the bad guy chase when the drop goes wrong...

This one had the drop at a food cart and then the Mavic grabbed it and took off. Just goes to show with enough new tech, Hollywood can continue to milk a worn out cliche.

There is something new now named the Phantom 4 ADVANCED... I think it's a camera upgrade and -maybe- some better sensors than the 4 PRO but not sure.

I think unless you want to spend a lot of money the Phantom is probably the better "I can only have one nice drone" and it's got to be a workhorse type deal.

The Mavic is it's own deal. I think a top line Phantom could last a long time right now. It's evolved and 4K will be around a good while. So you get a solid drone, evolved tech and 4K vid. OR.. you get a first gen pocket drone. That's the conclusion I came to and still didn't buy a drone yet. I think I'm going to buy a trainer first too. That's a lot of money to watch burn in one day or fly off into the wild blue yonder.

Apparently the FAA has been over run with license applications too. Way more then they ever expected from what I heard.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well this doesn't sound good.

Be sure to read to end.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/t...ta-drones.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Well this doesn't sound good.

Be sure to read to end.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/t...ta-drones.html
    Heh. 21st century intelligence gathering. That would be really smart of them to do that, i suppose, but the data they might be gathering through their drones would likely be negligible by comparison to the data that Apple might be gathering for US intelligence agencies.

Feedback Score
    My wife just bought our son one for Christmas. This oughta be fun. He's a great kid....but he's 16. We're almost better off letting him walk around with his guns or drive my truck. At least that way he go's out of his way to be careful.

Him and his buddy get doing 16 yo stuff it's hard to tell what's gonna happen. Looked out my front window this summer and my son was pulling his buddy down the road on his four wheeler while he was on his skate board....at about 30 mph! Even my German Shepherd was looking at them like WTF!

This drone thing should be great fun. We live in a flight path for incoming airplanes and NG Reaper UAV Drones!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here's an interesting speculative take on the subject...takes on more ominous implications when you realize that the vast majority of the hobby drones flying in the US are made in China.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Here's an interesting speculative take on the subject...takes on more ominous implications when you realize that the vast majority of the hobby drones flying in the US are made in China.
    Interesting... And quite likely, feasible.

Gender/age targeting make take some advances. But ID'ing a face and targeting a forehead would be quite doable now. Had not thought about the shaped charge to the forehead aspect.

Seeing some of the similar videos showing military testing of micro swarms makes me think it's not idle speculation.

I'm going to have to add a tennis racket to my kit and keep practicing on the carpenter bees around my back porch.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast