Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an Omega 9K

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Just fwiw.... When you guys are comparing length of the Omega9K, you need to specify application.

An Omega9K with a three lug adapter is 1.5"+4.7" which is about the same as an Obsidian with it's internal 3-lug.

I really want to like the Omega9K but it's a pistol strength silencer that is 1.5" which seems to large for pistols (imo). So now we're talking its a good 300blk and subgun can... Except that it's still very small volume, non-serviable, and it's not rated for 300blk super or 357mag or anything like that.

... So I think if you're looking for a really small 9mm subgun can it could have some merit. But for my money, a large volume subgun can will still win every day of the week.

I'm buying an Obsidian 45 with a 9mm endcap over the Omega9k because I already have an MK9K and I just don't really believe in the BUY ONE CAN lie everyone tells themselves

This. The whole modular silencer thing the industry keeps pushing is a big lie.

I don't want a K size silencer that has an added baffle section that can be added or removed to switch between full size and K size. The Obsidian would be a great can if it was full size to begin with.

I just want a full size silencer with no extra do-dad bullshit.

Also nobody can seem to make something competitive to a Gemtech MK9K. I want more large volumous 9mm fat SMG cans. I would like to see an adapter made that can go over a birdcage flash hider on a 9mm Colt SMG.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I have a quoted price of $625 for it, so it's kind of tempting....

Is that a real world price, or a special for you?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyheadgear View Post
    Is that a real world price, or a special for you?
    Repeat buyer price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Slow down.

1. Rugged Suppressors is a guy named Henry who along with another guy or two started SWR way back. He got purchased with silencerco, rumor is the Octane was his design, then when Silencerco spit out Henry he formed Rugged Suppressors (Mike Pappas formed Dead Air, why the two of them didn't just work together I have no idea, since they're putting out extremely similar products anyhow)

2. The Obsidian45 is probably the LEAST proprietary pistol can you could get right now. It'll take their own, SiCo, and other pistons, boosters, direct thread, and 3lug attachments. This is a huge feature.

3. .578x24 is not some obscure threw pitch in NFA world. It's the most common 45acp thread pitch. So that a 45acp can comes with 45 piston isn't unheard of. I already have a .578 so I'll be trading that in for a 9mm and purchasing a 9mm end cap.
    Thanks for all of the helpful information. To me, part of what makes a higher end suppressor worth the high price tag is the company standing behind it. Surefire and SiCo are very well established and are more than likely going to be around in 10-20 years if something goes wrong with one of their products.

Dead Air and Rugged, regardless of designer pedigrees are newer less established companies without the track record (like Griffin).

As a result I my eyebrows go up a bit at the prices they are charging.

Obsidian 45 does look quite impressive though and might be my next purchase if I can get over the sticker shock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I talked myself into a Omega9k with an advancement on my Second Amendment Stimulus Package. The price was right ($720ish) and was in market for short 9mm can. Have Octane 45hd that sounds great, but is long as hell on EVO3. Not to mention mount interchangeability with Octane... Wife still gonna be pissed I spent some of the $$ savings, hopefully tax return gets here before she notices.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Well I talked myself into a Omega9k with an advancement on my Second Amendment Stimulus Package. The price was right ($720ish) and was in market for short 9mm can. Have Octane 45hd that sounds great, but is long as hell on EVO3. Not to mention mount interchangeability with Octane... Wife still gonna be pissed I spent some of the $$ savings, hopefully tax return gets here before she notices.
    Love to see you update this thread with your impressions. Ironically now that I'm getting the Obsidian 45K I might be in the market for the full sized Omega as a 2nd 300BLK/308 suppressor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    Love to see you update this thread with your impressions. Ironically now that I'm getting the Obsidian 45K I might be in the market for the full sized Omega as a 2nd 300BLK/308 suppressor.
    Omega is a good suppressor, I have one as well... I got bit hard by the suppressor bug!
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    A bit late to this thread but wanted to answer something about it being too big for the carbine rail on a Scorpion. It fits without issues and with a direct thread it puts this can right around 5" just long enough to get to the end with a strap wrench to tighten it down. It is a perfect host in this manner. Definitely made for a sub gun. What I would like to have seen is more modular cans down to this length with similar performance. I did get the idea for this from Military Arms Channel. I was looking to get a scorpion but in the smaller rail pistol to sbr later. Yet ended up getting the carbine length because of his video and use of this can. Perfect for a truck gun, next to night stand. Yet has me rethinking of doing a side project llc Zhukov adapter for a SBRd gun and going with the tail hook and being able to travel with it without the downfalls of traveling with an SBRd gun. As I do mostly avoid non gun friendly states anyways and the can wouldnt be an issue if. Iwas traveling through those with laws against them as they would have issues with the gun as is anyways. Overall most states it would be a non issue. Especially out back for fun on my steel off of my porch. So I dont disturb my renters in there cabins on my land.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes down to 8.5 inches
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    This. The whole modular silencer thing the industry keeps pushing is a big lie.

I don't want a K size silencer that has an added baffle section that can be added or removed to switch between full size and K size. The Obsidian would be a great can if it was full size to begin with.

I just want a full size silencer with no extra do-dad bullshit.

Also nobody can seem to make something competitive to a Gemtech MK9K. I want more large volumous 9mm fat SMG cans. I would like to see an adapter made that can go over a birdcage flash hider on a 9mm Colt SMG.
    I know it's not quite what you want, but there is this:
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lu...erman-5p82.htm

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast