Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an Omega 9K

Feedback Score
    heres 1 for ya,

you have to get the serial # to put on a form 4, good luck getting that in time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    heres 1 for ya,

you have to get the serial # to put on a form 4, good luck getting that in time.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Silencerco is already shipping these to distributors. When I talked to them they told me they had shipped over 200 out already. Form 3 transfer takes around 30 days. Serial number and Form 4 only need to be submitted up to 1 day before 41P goes into effect to avoid having to go through the added hassle of providing fingerprints, photos, etc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    Thanks for your input. OAL is a concern although would not say it's #1 concern (but it's up there). Can you elaborate on what you mean by "no lead" through the can? All of my projectiles have lead in them

I should definitely wait till shot show I suppose since new stuff will be coming out very soon.
    I referring to cast bullets where build up would be much greater.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Would a "can only" price of $625 make the Omega 9K more/less attractive to any of you?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    More. Would buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    More. Would buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, even if I had to buy pistons/etc for it, that price seems very good.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    Thanks a lot for the video! Definitely a lot of compromises with this can but it is appealing as a "jack of all trades, master of none" option. Being able to use it with a bedside .45 ACP or 300BLK and get to under 140db for bump in the night use is very appealing to me.

The way I look at it, the alternative is to pony up the same money for an Osprey or similar and have a longer, heavier pistol suppressor that is more limited in what you can do with it.... but the advantage of best pistol suppression possible and of course the big advantage of the offset design leaving your iron sights useable.

Choices choices.
    I just submitted my Form 4 for an Octane K as my jack of all trades can. I was wanting the Omega 9K, but the differences were negligible, especially after you add an adapter to the mix. It will be used on my Scorpion primarily, but will be used in other capacities. I also have an Osprey K, Omega, Saker 5.56 and Saker K.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I just submitted my Form 4 for an Octane K as my jack of all trades can. I was wanting the Omega 9K, but the differences were negligible, especially after you add an adapter to the mix. It will be used on my Scorpion primarily, but will be used in other capacities. I also have an Osprey K, Omega, Saker 5.56 and Saker K.
    Why do you feel the Octane 45K is a better choice? dB ratings look like they are similar but the Octane is 2" longer than the Omega 9K. The 9K looks like the more "cutting edge tech" of the two. For me, the ability to shoot cast bullets is a non-concern, all of my hand loads are with factory non-cast bullets.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I never said it was better, the Omega 9K wasn't available when I ordered the Octane. However the biggest advantage, in my opinion, with the Octane is the ability to take it apart to clean it. With the Omega, you can only run a bore brush down the center to clean out larger carbon buildups. As far as length goes, I'm not worried about the length in my application.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I never said it was better, the Omega 9K wasn't available when I ordered the Octane. However the biggest advantage, in my opinion, with the Octane is the ability to take it apart to clean it. With the Omega, you can only run a bore brush down the center to clean out larger carbon buildups. As far as length goes, I'm not worried about the length in my application.
    Okay, fair enough. I agree that ease of cleaning is a plus and the ability to disassemble will be an advantage in some applications.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast