Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an Omega 9K

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just got mine and love it. Also got a Omega 30 and a Sparrow. An SBR stamp for a 5.56 build just waiting on my 9mm SBR build and then will try the Omega 9 on that.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The Omega 9K was designed to 1) have recoil characteristics consistent with using a red dot'd pistol as a primary. As used on a midsized 9mm pistol, recoil can be managed very fast compared to other suppressors. 2) OAL consistent with.. well not being too long 3) quiet enough with a tone not particularly pew-pew in signature..

While being designed and tested SiCo management thought it wasn't a great idea... certainly no commercial application. Then the ground floor people working there all wanted one as soon as they put their claws on it. I told them they were welcome to sell it commercially & it's been a big hit. It is a great can, esp wet.
    Dumb question here and I love my Omega 9 by the way. But what do you mean by wet?
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The Omega 9K was designed to 1) have recoil characteristics consistent with using a red dot'd pistol as a primary. As used on a midsized 9mm pistol, recoil can be managed very fast compared to other suppressors.
    Interesting you mention this. I shot a 9k for the first time about two weeks ago. Previously had most of my suppressed handgun range time on an Octane 9. The first thing I noticed, and it stayed with me throughout the range session, was that the pistol with the 9k (G19) seemed like it behaved like there was no can attached, or damn close to it. The Octane noticeably changes the recoil characteristics.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Dumb question here and I love my Omega 9 by the way. But what do you mean by wet?
    Pat
    Probably a liquid medium inside of the can, like a capful of water or maybe oil. I don't run my cans wet, but my SPR/M4 can have a cap full of water poured into the can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talk me out of an Omega 9K

Wire pulling gel is what a lot of people put in their cans but I do not do it.

I believe it drops the First Round Pop (FRP) significantly. Sort of like a special ops type practice. Put liquid in shoot a few bad guys and GTFO.

From what I understand after a few shots you have a mess down range and need to really the liquid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Radian has a package deal right now. I think it was $599 with a Raptor Charging Handle. That's less than the SPEQ Program.

Feedback Score
    That does sound like a good deal, but I have no need for another Raptor CH. Hopefully there will be an even lower price without the CH come Black Friday.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Also nobody can seem to make something competitive to a Gemtech MK9K. I want more large volumous 9mm fat SMG cans. I would like to see an adapter made that can go over a birdcage flash hider on a 9mm Colt SMG.
    I've been happy with my Bowers Vers 9s, a fat subgun can. I considered the MK9K, but Tom Bowers had a better reputation for customer service

Feedback Score
    Any issues with having to clean the Omega 9K despite it being sealed?

I reload a lot of 147gr Hi-Tek coated and plated 9mm bullets so I'm wondering if I should look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is an issue and I also shoot coated but for this suppressor I will only be shooting JHP's and TMJ's to reduce the issue.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast