Thread: New member and My first spr build

Feedback Score

New member and My first spr build

Hello everyone I didn't see an area to introduce myself in the subforums so I guess I'll do it here with my build. I am a heavy duty diesel mechanic by trade and have been doing it for 15+ years now but, firearms are my true passion. Here my 18.5 inch ar15 spr build, I built it because like with cars I'd rather build it than buy it. Hope you guys like it.
    Specs:
    Spikes crusader lower
    Forged upper
    Psa 18.5 inch chf, cl barrel 1/7
    Psa nickel boron full auto bcg
    Matrix arms hand guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Your scope mount is backward. You probably will have problems with precision while the scope is mounted to the handguard.

Feedback Score
    Ok thanks for the info I'll give it a try the way it is and if it doesn't workout I'll switch it around. I've seen people mount it this way and not have issues, I just thought it looked cool lol

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I would definitely turn that scope mount around and try to get it attached only to the upper receiver. A free float handguard is called that for a reason... it can flex and move independent of the barreled action and produce a POI shift if optics are mounted to it. Other than that, nice looking build. You picked a solid HPT/MPI barrel and bolt, which are the two most important things. What scope are you using?
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    Ok I'll go ahead and turn it around, it's a cheepo bushnell ar 223 40mm 3-12 on a millett mount. I had this on a 16 inch ar a wile back and it's an ok scope

Feedback Score

Ok repaired lol, thanks for the info and letting me see the light lol.. Thanks again guys

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    glad you got that scope mount put on properly. I am interested to see what kind of groups you get from that rifle. Most 18" precision oriented SPR would use a match stainless barrel. Let us know how it performs when you put some rounds through it

Feedback Score
    Will do. I have to have the time to get out there ,I'm in the middle of renovating my master bedroom and bathroom. But I'm hoping I can sneak away this weekend to get some shooting in.

Feedback Score
    Looks good OP. Be sure to provide a detailed range report ... because in the end, all that matters is the function.

Feedback Score
    Thanks man this is true.