Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first build

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    Excellent first post. Good on you for doing your homework prior to buying.

Here's a rail you may want to check out for the future.

http://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modu...-v3-m-lok.html
    Thank you .46. Yes sir it pays to do your homework. I got "analysis paralysis" though on the optic. So even in that process I learned to maintain situational awareness of the mission and that helps me from getting lost in the weeds.
    That ALG looks like a very high quality rail. I really like the M-LOK. I've found that it's pretty easy to find M-LOK style attachments, even the Academy (local sports type store) has them.
    However just yesterday I told one of the forum users I would buy his Troy VTAC rail. He's got a good price on it, but I will definitely bookmark this site. I have a document that I keep all the potential parts and pieces that I like and may consider for a future build. I'll add the ALG to that.
    Thank you for the recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Excellent post, and a fine contribution to the Custom Build Forum. Your thorough planning should pay off.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Nice write up, nice build!

Also, on a side note. I'm currently in a Masters program and wow, some of my peers could learn a thing or two from you on descriptive writing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thank you TXBK, I appreciate the compliment sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I figured out how to post some pics (Thanks ReRun!)

These photos were taking right after I had the weapon cerakoted. I had a friend I had done a favor for who happened to own a cerakote business so he gave me a "deal I couldn't refuse" to coin a phrase from the Godfather. (or something like that.) I had my EOTech HWS at the time, but naturally I did not put it through the cerakote process. Something about baking your optic in a very hot oven just didn't sit well with me.

And then finally I got my optic attached again.

I'm working on my another build, this time I'll take pictures of the process and post those when I complete it.
    Thanks for looking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12