Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

Feedback Score

New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

I put this in an old thread but thought it was worth it's own.

Bureau is making wholesale changes to their agent issued M4s. Uppers are being replaced with Colt units that have 11.5" (I believe) barrels, Troy alpha rails along with Magpul CTR stocks. Also the upper is shipped with an Aimpoint T2 (replacing their Eotechs) that sits on a Daniel Defense mount. VTAC 2 point slings are common but have seen some others depending on personal preference. Seems to be a very nice shooting, very light setup. Saw it in action first time this week during some range time with the NY office SWAT team.

As an aside they have also introduced a POW (personally owned weapon) AR that is a Colt LE6920, 16" barrel, Troy alpha rails with the allowed accessory list including a Troy lopro QD swivel mount, an inforce white/IR wml, VTAC sling, Magpul CTR stock, Hogue pistol grip and the Aimpoint H1, H2, T1 or T2 and DD mount. Designated the LE6920-FBP1. So side-by-side, it looks like the big brother of the Agent issued SBR. Or would that make it the "little" brother?

I'll post pics when mine arrives. My understanding is it goes from Colt to the armorers at Quantico and then to your field office's range as you must qualify with it before you can take possession. Armorers have to install the grip and the swivel mount and the user, with area's firearms instructor supervision, installs anything else.

(also allowed Troy "squid grips" and Mako PTK, a rather unwieldy looking AFG)
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would be interested to see what your gun looks like when it shows up. The use of the Troy Alpha rail is the only part of the equation that makes me wonder, "why"?

Feedback Score
    are magpul afg's allowed? odd that they would go with mako

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I would be interested to see what your gun looks like when it shows up. The use of the Troy Alpha rail is the only part of the equation that makes me wonder, "why"?
    Maybe because it uses the mil-spec barrel nut, and they got a good deal since everybody seems to be going KeyMod & MLOK rails and the Alpha isn't selling as well?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What length on the alpha rail and VTAC or regular?
    Justin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmars View Post
    are magpul afg's allowed? odd that they would go with mako
    Only the mako AFG is allowed.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chingoton13 View Post
    What length on the alpha rail and VTAC or regular?
    11" alpha rail, regular not VTAC. Also Troy flip up sights front and rear.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Interesting, so I take it they aren't using cans? Thanks for the info btw.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chingoton13 View Post
    Interesting, so I take it they aren't using cans? Thanks for the info btw.
    Correct, no suppressors. And you're welcome.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Maybe because it uses the mil-spec barrel nut, and they got a good deal since everybody seems to be going KeyMod & MLOK rails and the Alpha isn't selling as well?
    I would guess because the idea for the program probably started a few years ago and Troy was one of the main players. Now a few years later when it gets implemented newer stuff has come out but GOV contracting doesn't work that fast. David

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast