Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

Feedback Score
    Got the rifle back in the office today and El Cid was right on, it is an 11.5" bbl with a 10" Geissele Mk4 hand guard and Sig Romeo 4M. I'll reserve judgement on the Sig site for now but the rest of it is a huge improvement
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not a believer. If it was me I would put a personally owned T2 on that thing if the agency didn't want to give me one. I don't trust sig optics yet and quite honestly I'm pretty shocked the FBI is placing them on their rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    rocsteady, A couple of questions.

1) Noticed two different magazines shown in your photos, generic looking USGI and a Pmag Gen 3. What magazine(s) are approved for use?

2) Any allowance to retrofit certain "ambi" parts to enhance weapons manipulation for southpaws and when transitioning to support side? Since they're Colt carbines, the Colt semi-auto "ambi" safety selector would seem to be a no brainer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I'm not a believer. If it was me I would put a personally owned T2 on that thing if the agency didn't want to give me one. I don't trust sig optics yet and quite honestly I'm pretty shocked the FBI is placing them on their rifles.

Yeap.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post

They tested several optics very thoroughly as it was explained to me. If there's one thing they do well it's T&E.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    rocsteady, A couple of questions.

1) Noticed two different magazines shown in your photos, generic looking USGI and a Pmag Gen 3. What magazine(s) are approved for use?

2) Any allowance to retrofit certain "ambi" parts to enhance weapons manipulation for southpaws and when transitioning to support side? Since they're Colt carbines, the Colt semi-auto "ambi" safety selector would seem to be a no brainer.
    The pmag was personally owned by the guy who picked it up, we have only the generic USGI mags in the office gun locker. I don't know that anyone's ever asked if we could use pmags on duty weapons although several have them for use with their personally owned rifles.

As for ambi-controls, you can't do or add anything to our weapons unless it's on an approved list. I haven't seen anything about ambi-controls.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 02-02-17 at 20:22.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is this what the POW looks like in it's basic configuration before approved accessories are installed?

http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/colt-la...-le6920-fbp12/

Considering that a Colt 6920 OEM-2 runs about $750-$775, then add on the Troy rail and folding BUIS for about $310 or so, and a M4 buttstock for $25. As configured in the link it's pretty much in the ballpark if someone wanted to mimic the POW. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to run it as issued for a dependable duty weapon.

Feedback Score
    That looks like it. We get a couple small rail sections and a low profile swivel mount that the Quantico armorers have to install and then can add the light, RDS, and sling. Magpul CTR stock is also approved. Still odd that the armorers have to do the pistol grip change if you want to go that route.

I really like it, but I still have yet to shoot it and my BCM mid-length back-to-back for comparison
    Last edited by rocsteady; 02-03-17 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    Figured out the trick to switching the dot in the Sig Romeo 4m from the single, 2 MOA dot like in my Aimpoint micros, to the 65 MOA circle and dot like the Eotechs have. Kind of a neat feature so shooter can have what he/she is comfortable with. I'd imagine this could be a selling point for a lot of .Mil guys who are used to the circle and dot look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Still odd that the armorers have to do the pistol grip change if you want to go that route.
    Too many people have/would lose the safety plunger and spring or use too long of a screw and impede the trigger. Why do you think they went with DD for the optic mount? If there was a quick release folks would remove the optic when they clean the rifle and inevitably someone would put it on backwards.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast