Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK VP9 loaded magazine rattle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    124gr Speer Gold Dot +p.

I have not had any other issues with function, but I just was curious how many others had the same rattle. My duty glock 17 mags do not have this issue. Not the HK quality I was expecting is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    Mine do not rattle with 147gr HST rounds but, yes, it is normal.
    What ammo you using?
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No rattle on mine, solid lockup. I just tried all 3 mags loaded unloaded.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same here. I loaded 5 mags and did not hear any rattling. 2 mags came with gun and the others were bought separately.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My mags rattle too

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My Glock mags did it, my P30/VP9 mags do it, and my 1911 WC EDM HD mags do it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've noticed it in one of my P30/VP9 magazines, but not the others. I shot with that mag today and did not notice any issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vereceleritas View Post
    My Walther's were the worst but my HK, SIG, Hi Power, and M9 mags all did it to some extent. Slapping the back of the loaded magazine into the palm of my hand or pressing down on the top round a few times usually took care of it. I guess that "realigns" the stack somehow.
    Ditto, I mainly had trouble with the Walther 2+ extended magazines for PPQ M2 when they were new (3 out of 4). Slapping while loading, and keeping them fully loaded for a few days took the rattle away.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    On occasion I have had rattle in all of my double stack 9mm magazines. Some, like my first issued 5906 did it often. I've found that if I hold the magazine firmly in a vertical position with one hand and smack the baseplate with the palm of my other hand, the issues goes away.

It is often caused by the first round not fully being seated on the follower.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Mine do it as well. Usually they only do it when they're one or two rounds short of being full. Usually when I put the last round in they stop. Same for my Walther PPQ mags.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12