Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noveske 18" SPR Rouge Hunter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 762X39KALASHNIKOV View Post
    What do you mean

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I don't know if anyone's told you this or not, but John Noveske has passed away, awhile ago now actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I don't know if anyone's told you this or not, but John Noveske has passed away, awhile ago now actually.
    I know that but he said it's different now? So I'd what he means in terms of there rifles

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know that but he said it's different now? So I'd what he means in terms of there rifles

What he said and did before his passing may have changed since his passing. Check the specs of your rifle, whether it be by looking it up online or actually giving Noveske a call to confirm, to verify. Not saying quality has gone downhill, just that as time marches on, things can and often do change.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Without saying ANYTHING bad about Noveske RW as a company (as there really isn't anything bad to say), the OP may want to look at V7 Weapons Systems. It's founded and run by Joel Allen, who used to work right along side John Noveske in the shop and designing barrels when John was alive.

V7 is making some really good barrels right now. Food for thought.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Doesn't V7 make a lot of titanium parts as well

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You will spend several multiples the cost of a barrel on ammunition before you wear it out. Barrels are cheap compared to the ammunition. Remember if you wear the barrel out you don't have to buy a new rifle, you just pop in a new barrel.

Make sure you don't run any crap bi-metal bullets like Wolf steel case which will wear the barrel faster.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Without saying ANYTHING bad about Noveske RW as a company (as there really isn't anything bad to say), the OP may want to look at V7 Weapons Systems. It's founded and run by Joel Allen, who used to work right along side John Noveske in the shop and designing barrels when John was alive.

V7 is making some really good barrels right now. Food for thought.
    I just talked to Joel the other day about his barrels. I told him about what I was looking for and my concerns. He was very patient and answered my questions thoroughly and completely. He was honest and basically said there's not much difference between his barrels and Noveske barrels. It's hard to take perfection and make it better when you've already put your heart and soul into it. However, he did say that he has made minor changes that he thinks make a big enough difference. He also mentioned that accuracy results were a touch better than Noveske and that the barrel does not require break in. Top all that off with a warranty that can't be beat. If you shoot it out, he'll replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post
    I just talked to Joel the other day about his barrels. I told him about what I was looking for and my concerns. He was very patient and answered my questions thoroughly and completely. He was honest and basically said there's not much difference between his barrels and Noveske barrels. It's hard to take perfection and make it better when you've already put your heart and soul into it. However, he did say that he has made minor changes that he thinks make a big enough difference. He also mentioned that accuracy results were a touch better than Noveske and that the barrel does not require break in. Top all that off with a warranty that can't be beat. If you shoot it out, he'll replace it.

Really? Well that is a nice warranty. Does V7 use 416R or something else? cause noveske says they use a SS like 416R but a different make up?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Really? Well that is a nice warranty. Does V7 use 416R or something else? cause noveske says they use a SS like 416R but a different make up?

I didn't ask specifically, but the site says 416R. And the warranty is straight from the horse's mouth. He wants people to know he stands behind his product.

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123