Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CMMG MK47 Mutant K as a host?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Did anyone else see that the Colt CK901 is being released for the US market? Might be a good option.
    Yeah, it looks promising. If it uses a standard length charging handle (so that one can use a BCM GF or Rainier Raptor) that would be outstanding.

Feedback Score
    Saw this for the first time last week, does anyone have any experience with any of their rifles? Sounds like the adjustable gas block is still being developed but it looks like it could be a good option for my needs assuming it will be reasonably quiet suppressed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    Saw this for the first time last week, does anyone have any experience with any of their rifles? Sounds like the adjustable gas block is still being developed but it looks like it could be a good option for my needs assuming it will be reasonably quiet suppressed.

Sweet Baby Jesus. I really like the look of that!
    The 5/8x24 muzzle threading is a welcome addition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Sweet Baby Jesus. I really like the look of that!
    The 5/8x24 muzzle threading is a welcome addition.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this since it's got a lot going for it. I haven't seen the SBR/folding stock version for sale anywhere yet but if they get that gas block right then this might be the ticket.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    If it uses a standard length charging handle (so that one can use a BCM GF or Rainier Raptor) that would be outstanding.
    The T charging handle is the weak point.

It works on the AR because you don't have to touch it all the time.

Creating a unique manual of arms PLUS gassing out the user AND adding a non standard part is like a trifecta of FAIL for the Mutant.

At least Colt used a standard part...

Feedback Score
    update: still havent received my vaporware gen 2 or 3? cproducts magazines. i do not want to spend any more money on the project without function testing the stuff i already have.

looking for some help with bore alignment. does anyone have experience with using the geissele SAR (suppressor alignment rod) with an ak, sks, or 54r? seems the nominal bore is either .311 or .312.

mcmaster carr has drill rod in .3020 and .3125. in a tech sheet by geissele, it says the SAR is sized .002 under nominal bore. so i guess a .308 would be .306?

i have an ak with sf mount on it already, but havent sucked it up and shot it i feel a little better about the radical arms upper as i can look through the baffles from the bore, cant do that on an ak. hoping to get my mags soon so i can function test the radical before rocksetting an adapter on there. if it doesn't feed right, id like the option to be able to send them the upper before grinding on feed ramps etc.

thanks,
    t15

Feedback Score
    update!

my vaporware cproducts are shipping today..

i contacted geissele and venom tactical who sells an AK specific alignment rod for their diameters. Venom gave me their spec, but geissele would not. They simply advised me not to use their 7.62 rod in an AK. venoms rod is ground to .2970 if that helps anyone. would be awesome if someone out there with the geissele could measure it for me!

geisseles response;

Thank you for contacting us. Our Alignment rod are for the 5.56 and the 7.62 barrels. With your .310 bore, you may have a loose fit with the 7.62 alignment rod and will not get an accurate reading as most 7.62 barrels are designed for the “.308” bullet. When attaching a can on your rifle, the slightly larger bore may throw off the reading. This is important to determine the proper alignment to avoid a baffle strike. I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank You,
    Charlie

Feedback Score
    Got my mags, woo. Using an AIM x39 bolt in a radical upper (sold by aim).

First experience: bad. H3 buffer, regular carbine spring, and a2 muzzle. Lots of ftf stopping on the feed ramp and extractor slipping off case heads.

Second trip: sprinco red action spring and sprinco 5 coil extractor spring. Much better, almost got through a mag dump.

Going to try a bcm CS extractor spring and a5h2 buffer next. Also a different ejector spring. Sprinco red solved the feeding problem. Locks back on empty Everytime, is it possible the extractor spring is too strong and the ejector can't kick the case off? That's what I'm thinking right now. Hoping ankther extractor spring works. Not sure if the extractor is a regular .223 or not, haven't compared yet. I assume it would have to be radiused differently.

If I can solve the extraction issue, I will proceed with mounting the SF adapter. I have 762rc and mini to test and a 556rc to compare to as well. Will try to compare all combos on 10.3 and 11.5 556 hosts vs the 10.5 x39 host.

Feedback Score
    Good news everyone!

Replaced the original special 7.62 extractor with a regular extractor and got through 4x 28 round mags no problem!

Using bcm CS spring w crane o ring and insert, h3 buffer and sprinco red action spring. (223 extractor made all the difference)

Hoping to get the sf muzzle brake on this week in time for next sunday, will report back!

Feedback Score
    10.3 mk18 w/ 556 RC sounds identical to 10.5 7.62x39 w/ 762 RC. I had slightly less ring as the shooter behind the 762 RC, but it is a larger can.

762 mini noticeably louder than the other 2, better on 7.62x39 than .223.

3rd person bystander thought buddies hybrid w/223 end cap on an 11.5 was the quietest of the day, but not by much :-)

On another note, I was throwing a half foot flame out of the full size RC. Didn't think to have him watch the mini.

Hope this helps!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast