Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Spring 2016: Magpul UBR Gen 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Coming Spring 2016: Magpul UBR Gen 2

Coming Spring 2016: Magpul UBR Gen 2

The UBR Gen 2 is an adjustable stock for the AR15/M4, designed to offer the same strength and stability as a fixed stock with a consistent and comfortable cheek weld in any position. An update of the revolutionary Utility/Battle Rifle (UBR) stock, the UBR Gen 2 features a fixed cheek piece to provide a consistent cheek weld in any of its 8 positions, and is compatible with A5-length buffer systems. Designed to accommodate large-bore AR calibers and withstand severe impacts, the UBR comes standard with front and rear QD sling attachment points, a recessed footman’s loop, the ergonomic MOE SL™ angled-toe rubber butt-pad, and storage compartment. Buffer tube included, compatible with A5-length buffer systems as well as carbine buffer systems (with included spacer). Even with the addition of numerous functional features, cost is reduced by 25% and an overall weight reduction of 20%. The most rugged carbine stock available just got better.

FEATURES:
    * Mounts on a durable custom Receiver Extension tube (included) to accommodate the common M4 carbine buffer and spring as well as aftermarket A5 buffer systems*

* Solid "fixed stock" lockup and consistent cheek weld in all positions

* 8-Position LOP adjustability

* Adjustment lever requires only gross motor movement to operate yet the entire stock remains streamlined and anti-snag

* Enhanced lock mechanism with dual locking pawls for maximum drop strength and shock resistance

* Multi-shell construction provides solid foundation and shields critical operating parts from penetration damage

* Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort

* Storage Compartment in tail of stock is removable and the door is reversible for user preference

* Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection

* Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor

* Sling Mounts
    o Front - ASAP QD type swivel mount for ambidextrous one-point QD sling mounting
    o Left/Right Rear - Anti-rotation QD swivel sling mounts fit up to 1.5" push-button swivels
    o Bottom - 1.25" sling loop (additonal loop accessible when Storage Compartment is removed)

Learn more at Magpul UBR Gen 2

Made in U.S.A.

Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    A5 compatible huh? That's impressive.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Um... Want. My 308s will have this.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    This. Is. Amazing.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Well, apparently prayer works...
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Dozer, you say Spring '16, your website says 'Late 2016'. Which is it?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Another stock I'll be grabbing this year. This will be perfect for an SPR.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had a UBR that I loved. I sold it when I switched my carbine to the a5 buffer system.

Other than not being compatible with the a5 system my only complaint was the weight and cost. It looks like this addresses them all especially considering you won't have to buy a $45-50 a5 receiver extension.

I see at least one of these in my future.
    Last edited by stahljaeger; 01-12-16 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    The weight was always a killer for a carried/shouldered rifle. Yes, it could balance heavier guns well, but it was a TANK of a stock.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    cost is reduced by 25% and an overall weight reduction of 20%.

Sold.

Those are the only two things that got me out of the UBR game years and years ago.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast