Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM - Stand up company, has earned my business.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

BCM - Stand up company, has earned my business.

Here's my story:

Purchased a KMR 13" mag/alum rail system when they first released.
    Served me well for about 18 months. Then I took all my accessories off it to repaint. I noticed that some of the KeyMod slots had deformed: two where my BCM foregrip was installed, and two where I had a DD KeyMod light mount installed. I emailed BCM, at 4 PM on a Sunday. Next day at 7 AM, there's an email from BCM, with an RMA form. They said they inspect it, and repair it possible. A few days go by, then I mailed it out USPS last Wednesday. BCM received it this past Monday and said it was a "manufacturing defect", and they would replace it. I asked if they could send a 15" KMR-A version, to prevent deformation, and they said "sure, no problem".

So, long story short, they stood behind their product and gave me a free replacement.
    A+ in my book.
    My next rifle will definitely be BCM. Great company.

Feedback Score
    I've had terrible luck getting free upgrades with any vendor. It's usually just a 1-for-1 replacement. Good on ya!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    I've had terrible luck getting free upgrades with any vendor. It's usually just a 1-for-1 replacement. Good on ya!
    Considering the OP wanted the aluminum rail over the alloy one he had originally, I am sure it didn't take much for BCM to do it since the Alpha is cheaper and honestly more available for them to replace. I am sure they were happy to do it. Not taking anything away from BCM, just saying. All in all BCM has always done good by me.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Most companies within the firearms industry stand behind their products, good to hear a positive story!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Considering the OP wanted the aluminum rail over the alloy one he had originally, I am sure it didn't take much for BCM to do it since the Alpha is cheaper and honestly more available for them to replace. I am sure they were happy to do it. Not taking anything away from BCM, just saying. All in all BCM has always done good by me.
    Yep

Good to hear anyway.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    To clarify, they offered to send a replacement KMR 13, but I didn't want it due to the deformation issues I had.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Yep

Good to hear anyway.
    Yep it is. To be honest I suspected they had at lease some folks that walked on water.
    But I would say that generally good treatment is a consequence of dealing with reputable companies. Aside from telling what parts I really needed to buy, the Fine gent that helped me build my first AR ( and most the ones after it) did me a huge favor. He took my build sheet and not only told me what parts I really needed to buy, he told me where I needed to buy them from. I haven't deviated from that list except to add two other companies to it. They are still my go-to stores several AR's later and they are just as solid as they were day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Yep it is. To be honest I suspected they had at lease some folks that walked on water.
    But I would say that generally good treatment is a consequence of dealing with reputable companies. Aside from telling what parts I really needed to buy, the Fine gent that helped me build my first AR ( and most the ones after it) did me a huge favor. He took my build sheet and not only told me what parts I really needed to buy, he told me where I needed to buy them from. I haven't deviated from that list except to add two other companies to it. They are still my go-to stores several AR's later and they are just as solid as they were day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some parts of this don't make sense to me. "To be honest I suspected they had at lease some folks that walked on water" - what does that mean?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40Colorado View Post
    Some parts of this don't make sense to me. "To be honest I suspected they had at lease some folks that walked on water" - what does that mean?
    He's referring to the absolute praise BCM has earned on this forum. I have zero argument regarding them or their CS. They are a fantastic company.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not surprising to hear this. BCM is a great company and they take really good care of their customers.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast