Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Digital Trigger (Hybrid)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Digital Trigger (Hybrid)

Interesting concept. Keeps the manual ability but adds electronic functionality.

https://digitrigger.com/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just saw this as well, and it looks like an interesting concept. I used to play paintball, and electronic triggers were all the rage. I wonder what the ATF will say about this, especially given the ease that a full auto or burst program could be used. I remember having many different options as far as auto speed, ramping, and other various trigger options to cycle through on a paintball gun. I can't see how someone with the programming know-how couldn't do the same here relatively easily.

I also thought it was interesting that the press and release mechanism electronically limited fire speed to prevent the hammer following the carrier. I assume it just limits a trigger press from activating the trigger before a set number of milliseconds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I just saw this as well, and it looks like an interesting concept. I used to play paintball, and electronic triggers were all the rage. I wonder what the ATF will say about this, especially given the ease that a full auto or burst program could be used. I remember having many different options as far as auto speed, ramping, and other various trigger options to cycle through on a paintball gun. I can't see how someone with the programming know-how couldn't do the same here relatively easily.

I also thought it was interesting that the press and release mechanism electronically limited fire speed to prevent the hammer following the carrier. I assume it just limits a trigger press from activating the trigger before a set number of milliseconds.
    Yup.. it is really just old paintball tech, but was smart enough to make it a hybrid in case of failure. With this method you cant outrun the carrier if it electronically speed limited. Your right though. There were all kinds of trigger hacks available. Although, what really prevents someone from doing it illegally to their mechanical version. Just the law and a long prison sentence really. Should be no different here.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I agree-the hybrid design was a smart move. Very true, a full auto gun is not the most difficult thing in the world to come up with. I just find this idea a bit different, and here's why: With a full auto AR specifically here, if you are shooting and some incredibly proactive ATF agent happened to inspect your rifle, there would be some physical difference that would tip him/her off to what you were doing. With an electronic trigger, there isn't any physical alterations to be seen. I could even see someone having a 'memory wipe' button or feature that could be triggered, erasing all full auto/burst trigger mods when activated. Granted the whole thing is pretty far fetched, but somewhat plausible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I agree-the hybrid design was a smart move. Very true, a full auto gun is not the most difficult thing in the world to come up with. I just find this idea a bit different, and here's why: With a full auto AR specifically here, if you are shooting and some incredibly proactive ATF agent happened to inspect your rifle, there would be some physical difference that would tip him/her off to what you were doing. With an electronic trigger, there isn't any physical alterations to be seen. I could even see someone having a 'memory wipe' button or feature that could be triggered, erasing all full auto/burst trigger mods when activated. Granted the whole thing is pretty far fetched, but somewhat plausible.
    True...I guess the only way to help prevent this is to use a method like a Knox counter on phones. If it is tripped. It signifies some kind of modification has been done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think this has much larger appeal than the other 2 shot trigger coming onto the market. The larger question will be how it tests out, along with the pricing.

The guys are making some mistakes with their introduction of the product, but hopefully it goes well for them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Spend more time shooting and less time filing Minority reports
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Spend more time shooting and less time filing Minority reports

Nah, there is solid application to this, though perhaps not in the same manner they are promoting it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What I mean is, people should stop trying to nip new applications of tech in the bud because it can be abused. The Minority Report is about being prosecuted for crimes that haven't been committed yet. That's the basis of gun control- "We must not allow it until we can make sure it's safe for the children". This new trigger isn't even out in the wild yet and folks are already worrying it might be hacked. I want a pull and release trigger. It's the closest I'll ever get to full auto, until I write my book and sell the movie rights.

Stick, I agree with you. I want to see how this new trigger pans out
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-21-16 at 14:45.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My thoughts are only academic really. My job isn't enforcing NFA law, and to be honest I couldn't care less who has what SBR, full auto, a pistol with a vertical grip, or whatever, with or without paperwork. That's their business, and I think almost everyone here would agree that the NFA and many other firearms laws are nonsensical to begin with. I'm genuinely curious as to what can be done with this, especially by talented people trying things out on their own.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast