Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New German Sig P220

Feedback Score
    FWIW my 220 is a freaking laser with 230 gr. Speer Gold Dots.

Anything outside of the ragged hole is my fault.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    Nice find!

I have a 1977 made Browning BDA 45, which is basically a SIG P220 with the heel mag release.

People will tell you that the P220 is the problem child of the old W. German P-Series guns, but honestly, mine has shot 100% reliable since I bought it used back about 8 years ago. I have also found the old P220 to be pretty accurate and easy to carry.

Enjoy it...I love the old German and Swiss P-Seried SIGS. These are the guns that BUILT SIG's reputation if you ask me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think they're just trying to drive the asking price down because they sold theirs off after someone else told them the same thing...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    People SAY that their P220 was troublesome and I don't doubt them. However, I have found my P220 to be as reliable as my P228 and P225. Boring. Load, shoot, repeat.

Since it is relatively flat and light, I always found the P220 to be a very easy pistol to carry for a full size 45.

Feedback Score
    I own a JJ date code ( 1988 ) P220...the quality is outstanding.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Make sure to change your recoil spring often. I have seen broken locking inserts, broken take down levers on the 220s. My departmental armorer was not very diligent. Our guns experienced many failures because of this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A year (!) later...

I've changed out every spring (save for the magazine release button spring and magazine release retainer spring) and swapped the Hogues for original Sig Slim grips - and it's essentially a new gun. Over 2016 I re-standardized on Glock 9mms, but have kept the P220 as a safe queen. And, since it didn't come with its original box, I decided to do something about that:

A Pelican iM2050 case - a little larger than most use, but more on that later:

... with the "pick and pluck" (more like tweeze and X-Acto) foam topside cut to fit the P220, three extra 8rd magazines all loaded with Federal HST 230gr +P, and the +1 for the chamber ...

... and the underside cut to fit two more boxes of HST, and a complete set of replacement springs and pins.

It's essentially an "In Case of {X}" kit, and couldn't be happier. The only other thing I've thought about doing is installing an SRT kit, but it's not a priority.
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 02-10-17 at 09:25.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I'm thinking of sending mine to Robar to have the slide, controls and internals done in np3 plus and the frame done in roguard.
    Last edited by awdxtc; 02-10-17 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    Obviously I approve of your new acquisition. I have a P220 Combat TB and a P220 Carry SAS.
    I run Hogue's on both. Congrats on a fine purchase.
    Domari Nolo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123