Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a pistol can

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thinking about a pistol can

I saw on silencer shops website they have dead air ghost-m's for 850. Digging a little further on their site, that apparently includes the transfer fee too. Is this can worth it after getting it transfered to one of their preferred dealers for about 950 out the door and a year+ wait for the can?

https://www.silencershop.com/silence...r-ghost-m.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would also take a look at the Rugged Obsidian on Silencer Shop's website. Both the Dead Air and Rugged guys used to work at Silencer Company so quality and performance from either is great. The Obsidian has received good reviews for suppression.

Also, I don't believe the $200 tax stamp fee is included with the Dead Air Ghost. Only the transfer fees for dealer to dealer and dealer to individual are included.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 07-27-17 at 10:55.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    I'd take a look at the griffin rev9. Don't know how the sound stacks up to the dead air, but size and weights are comparable. The new ones handle rifle rounds in very small volumes, think hunting application. Interesting if it's a first can for you, as it allows you to experiment.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Get a light one.

Griffin Alpha at 14.5 oz or so will not allow my VP9 to cycle. Not that I bought it for that purpose, but not everything works well on certain pistols. Apparently the VP9 is touchy in that regard. Plus even if it did cycle, it's just too much front weight. It doesn't feel right.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The nice thing about the Obsidian is it takes SiCo pattern pistons, whereas the Ghost uses proprietary pistons. That said, I chose Dead Air because it was in stock when I purchased. I am looking for a second can for future sub gun use and the Obsidian is my likely choice because the 3 lug mount looks like the best option out there.

ETA: my can is still in jail, so I can't give objective performance reviews. As for the Obsidian's 3 lug mount, I think I read some where that it does not add any length to the suppressor. That info is not listed in the product description on Rugged's site, however, so I need to make sure that is a correct statement. Personally I think either can is a winner.
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 07-27-17 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Dead Air just teased what looks like a 9mm modular can:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BXDsOnVl...adairsilencers

I would NOT pay $850 for a Ghost when the Obsidian is $654. While I have an Obsidian, I am really liking the specs on the new AAC Tirant 9M. I only shoot 9mm AND I don't plan a lot of cleaning with shooting 9mm factory ammo through the can. The Tirant with some AL baffles was a turn off for me in my shopping phase (I wanted all SS baffles dammit), but now in hindsight, does it really matter? I am happy with the Obsidian in Long on a PCC. Haven't bothered to shoot the short config.

Shot both a USP9T and 226. Both worked fine but the blow back with Speer Lawman 147gr was noticeable. In the last 4 months I have shot the pistols once each, the rest was a PCC. Just a heads up, but the can might grow an expensive 9mm carbine/SBR of some sort!
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 07-27-17 at 18:10.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Also, I don't believe the $200 tax stamp fee is included with the Dead Air Ghost. Only the transfer fees for dealer to dealer and dealer to individual are included.
    Normally I would agree, but there is no option to ass a $200 tax stamp like with some other cans, and the part on the right hand side of the website says "price includes all transfer fees." I am not sure how to read it any other way.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    The tirant 9M was on my short list too. I will probably get a 45 can though just so I don't have to buy another one later down the road. Nice to know about the obsedion taking SiCo pattern pistons.

Feedback Score
    AAC 9m gives up a lot of performance in exchange for 2oz and 0.325" compared to similar silencers

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Ti-Rant 45 is $350 right now at cap city - http://www.capitolarmory.com/advance...essor-671.html

Crazy deal!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast