Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire SOCOM 300 SPS

Feedback Score
    Took me 3 days to get somebody back on the phone at Surefire but he reconfirmed the 12 inch minimum barrel length for 308. I didn't get his name but he said he was the technical supervisor.

Feedback Score
    I shot the sps today on my 10.5 inch blackout and 10.5 inch 556. I am comparing the sound to my AAC sdn6. I thought it was definitely quieter with subsonic and super. It was not unpleasant to shoot it with supers. I found it was slightly unpleasant for me to shoot my AAC with supers.

I placed it on my 556. It was definitely quieter than my socom rc 762 on the 556. However I'm not sure I would want to shoot it all the time without hearing protection with 556. Sorry I don't have any video.

I havnt been around an omega or other cans so can't compare it to those. I think it's definately impressive though
    Last edited by CRNA; 03-01-16 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thank your for the review. I still have a couple months for my 300 SPS to escape purgatory.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I wish I had one in purgatory. All the LGS around me are all backordered for the 300 SPS with no idea on the wait time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    I wish I had one in purgatory. All the LGS around me are all backordered for the 300 SPS with no idea on the wait time.
    Check with silencer shop. I was able to backorder one, and it still took 1.5 months for it to come in. All the backorders were all accounted for. They will also submit your form 4 two weeks after your form 3 is submitted. That will save you some time, and give you until June to still make it within the 41F ruling.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine is in jail as well for another few months. It will be going on my precision bolts gun(.308 and 6.5 creed) with some 5.56 AR use, seems to be a solid all around can.

Thanks for the quick review.

Feedback Score
    Anyone else have first hand experience with this can?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nah, kinda like the Ryder 9Ti, everyone is in "hurry up and wait" mode

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm a good 2 to 3 months yet to go until mine clears. I've heard nothing but good things from people, but I don't think there are many out in the wild. I check youtube every week for videos, and haven't seen anything new in a couple months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can shoot mine in the in-door range at the dealer that I bought it from. I'm not sure how beneficial that would be though. I'll probably just wait. I've got a few months too. Same story with the Ryder 9Ti.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast