Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Surefire SOCOM 300 SPS

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Finally had a chance to get some time behind the SPS on my 26 inch 300 win mag. It does a great job and is fairly comfortable without ears in a wide open outdoor setting. Probably because of the distance the muzzle is away from me. Couldn't tell much of a difference in sound between the 300 SPS and the TB ultra 7. But I can sure feel the weight. The TB is about half the weight of the SPS. POI was about 1.5 inches low with the SPS and about half inch right. TB was no POI shift.. And for the sake of comparing apples to oranges.. the KAC QDC on my SR25 does need about half an inch of windage and no elevation. Different platform but worth noting. This SPS was going to live on the MWS 308 with 14 inch barrel, but sold the rifle off. Here is a pic of what its on for the time being. Shot about 40 rounds through it from 100 to 726 yards. Forgot to get my suppressor cover on there and after about 6 consecutive rounds the heat mirage was a little rough. Overall it did very well and I am happy with the purchase. If I get a chance to run it on a 300blk I will post some feedback. Ran a few mags of 5.56 though it also.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-31-17 at 20:53.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I received my SOCOM 300 SPS last week. Took it out to the range on the 10.5" sbr and ran both super and sub 300's thru it. With the subs, only a small "poof" (about like an old Daisy BB gun) and the rifle action could be heard. With the supers, the noise level was also very impressive. I too am pleased with this purchase...
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678