Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Opinions on the Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    My ARX100 was overgassed with an AAC Ranger 2, but still ran. It was uncomfortable and distracting to shoot. Not just gas in the face, but stinging particles every shot from the ejection port as well.
    Accuracy is still terrible with both the original and a spare barrel bought from Brownells. Around 5 MOA with precision ammunition with both barrels. Around 6 with 3 different makes of M193.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    So its been a while, but thanks to a little larger than expected tax return this year I've decided to pick up the ARX-100 afterall. I even managed to get lucky and snag one for under $1200 from Buds. I'm currently waiting on the ACH payment to post before they ship the rifle.

I have a question for you current ARX owners: What are you running for backup sights? It seems to be pretty universally regarded that the stock backup sights are too flimsly and too high. I've seen several people running the plastic MBUS sights but it seems like those may still be too high for the elevated rail height of the ARX.
    I'm running the factory backup sights that came with the rifle. Yes they do sit high but the actual difference between the Beretta ARX sight height over the barrel and an AR15 with FSB isn't that much (under 1"). In close range drills (25M or less) I found that there is no real difference running the ARX over a standard AR.

I'm finding the accuracy of the ARX 100 is pretty good. I'm seeing typical accuracy in the 2 to 2.5 MOA range with standard 55gr FMJ ammo.

I've been very impressed with the ARX 100 and it is truly a grab and go rifle. I haven't done any maintenance nor lubed it at all and it simply runs. It eats everything that I put in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    So its been a while, but thanks to a little larger than expected tax return this year I've decided to pick up the ARX-100 afterall. I even managed to get lucky and snag one for under $1200 from Buds. I'm currently waiting on the ACH payment to post before they ship the rifle.

I have a question for you current ARX owners: What are you running for backup sights? It seems to be pretty universally regarded that the stock backup sights are too flimsly and too high. I've seen several people running the plastic MBUS sights but it seems like those may still be too high for the elevated rail height of the ARX.
    I really liked the MBUS PRO sights on my ARX until I found out that the front sight will fold during recoil. It wasn't just my particular front sight either, because I've heard of it being an issue for other ARX/MBUS PRO users as well.

Also, the MBUS PRO does sit a little to high but I though it was manageable.

If they sold a combination that I actually liked, the Troy Micro sights would be great.

I haven't tested accuracy yet but I'm hoping to be able to sometime this spring. I will be using a 4 power TA31H-G ACOG at 100 meters with IMI M855 and maybe some FN made M855... 10 shot groups off a rest.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 03-15-17 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I really liked the MBUS PRO sights on my ARX until I found out that the front sight will fold during recoil. It wasn't just my particular front sight either, because I've heard of it being an issue for other ARX/MBUS PRO users as well.

Also, the MBUS PRO does sit a little to high but I though it was manageable.

If they sold a combination that I actually liked, the Troy Micro sights would be great.

I haven't tested accuracy yet but I'm hoping to be able to sometime this spring. I will be using a 4 power TA31H-G ACOG at 100 meters with IMI M855 and maybe some FN made M855... 10 shot groups off a rest.
    I'm a lefty and run mine backwards because I run the monkey bar on right side. Having said that no mbus issues with mine....
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    My ARX100 was overgassed with an AAC Ranger 2, but still ran. It was uncomfortable and distracting to shoot. Not just gas in the face, but stinging particles every shot from the ejection port as well.
    Accuracy is still terrible with both the original and a spare barrel bought from Brownells. Around 5 MOA with precision ammunition with both barrels. Around 6 with 3 different makes of M193.
    Aries144, go to the 23:45 mark in this video for an interesting perspective on CHF barrels, stress relieving, especialy thin profile barrels and wandering group size...

https://www.full30.com/video/8f93ff8...50eabb90aa4e2e

I think we've discussed before, either here or on BF, just because you can make a CHF barrel, it doesn't garauntee you're making a good CHF barrel.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    A few questions about the ARX100 and 160 .22 LR:

- It sounds like the extended charging handle is very necessary on the 100. Is it?
    -Can the charging handle be used as a forward assist and/or used to chamber a round quietly?
    -How helpfull would it be to shave/grind away the brass deflector (to save your skin) on the side of the gun you plan to run the charging handle on? Anyone tried it?
    -If casings were to be ejected from the side you shaved the shell deflector from could it cause a malfunction or just throw casings in your face or both?
    -Is the A2 like grip on the ARX JUST like that of an AR or what? Because I hate the A2. I hate it's steep rake, the short trigger reach it causes, and of course the bump. I can always shave the bump at least.
    -How bad is the trigger on current guns? Feel like a short Glock 10 lb trigger or what?

About the Ar160 .22LR:

How close is it to the 100 in regards to using it as a trainer for the 160? (ergonomics)

Where the heck are the 160's? They were plentiful and not very expensive. Now all I find are over priced rifles and tons of the 160 pistols.
    I'd actually consider the pistol if I could put a cheek rest/brace on it.

Feedback Score
    I picked up my ARX-100 yesterday from my FFL and have been playing around with it since. Here's my take on your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    - It sounds like the extended charging handle is very necessary on the 100. Is it?
    I personally thought the charging handle talk was overblown and then within 10 mins of taking mine out of the box I busted a knuckle when my fingers slipped off the oily charging handle while racking. I wouldn't say the extended handle is necessary, but I don't think it would hurt anything. I don't care for the way you would have to take it off though to pull the BCG. I wish Beretta would have added a few serrations of a little checkering to the tip of the handle to make the thing a little easier to grab a hold of.

-Can the charging handle be used as a forward assist and/or used to chamber a round quietly?
    It can be used as a forward assist since it locks into place on whichever side you choose.

As far as chambering a round quietly, that's gonna be pretty hard to do. The BCG has a large leaf spring in the op-rod portion that powers a pin that locks into the top of the bolt. The charging handle rotates around this pin and it helps control the rotation of the bolt when out of battery. The spring also has a hump in it that snaps over the top of the barrel extension and I'm guessing works to prevent bolt bounce. Because of this, closing the bolt can be a noisy affair whenever the spring snaps over the barrel extension.

-How helpfull would it be to shave/grind away the brass deflector (to save your skin) on the side of the gun you plan to run the charging handle on? Anyone tried it?
    -If casings were to be ejected from the side you shaved the shell deflector from could it cause a malfunction or just throw casings in your face or both?
    I don't think it would cause any issues with reliability, but remember that the polymer upper shell is the serialized portion of the firearm. For that reason alone I wouldn't want to start grinding away on any of it since it can't be easily replaced.

-Is the A2 like grip on the ARX JUST like that of an AR or what? Because I hate the A2. I hate it's steep rake, the short trigger reach it causes, and of course the bump. I can always shave the bump at least.
    -How bad is the trigger on current guns? Feel like a short Glock 10 lb trigger or what?
    I personally thought I would hate it, but I don't. I believe the angle is a little more vertical than an A2 grip and I find it just about right when combined with the stock's length of pull. I also dislike the nub on the A2 grip but the one on the ARX is well blended into the grip itself and pretty unobtrusive. It does create a shorter trigger reach though when compared to something like a Magpul MOE grip on an AR.

Feedback Score
    Thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer my questions!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Aries144, go to the 23:45 mark in this video for an interesting perspective on CHF barrels, stress relieving, especialy thin profile barrels and wandering group size...

https://www.full30.com/video/8f93ff8...50eabb90aa4e2e

I think we've discussed before, either here or on BF, just because you can make a CHF barrel, it doesn't garauntee you're making a good CHF barrel.
    Yeah, that's been my contention all along. There's something F'ed up with their barrels. 5 MOA is really shit as is spending $70 to have Beretta test the rifle and claim they're getting 3 MOA with it using both 55gr hornady V-max and Tula 55gr FMJ from a Led Sled. Someone was being less than honest there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    ARX is my go to rifle outfitted with MRO and Magpul sling...simple gun...reliable....combat accurate at 2-3 MOA...replaced the factory BUIS with Magpul MBUS.

I do not have a suppressor so I cannot comment on that.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast