Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Opinions on the Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Accurate ammo, though.

Sorry to hear they didn't satisfy the issue.

For what the rifle is, with QD barrel and all, I expect it to shoot 3-5 moa.
    My expectation, based on reviews and a shared email conversation with a Beretta employee indicating Beretta's standard is 4 MOA with ball ammo, was that the rifle shot between 2-3 MOA with ball ammunition- 4 MOA at the outside.

Regardless, Beretta's practices are dishonest and their response to a customer with a problematic example of their product is what I've come to expect from large corporations. They don't care if I squeak louder because they expect most of their customers are apathetic enough not to care what I say happened. Fanboys and dirt shooters will still buy and I'd wager that's the lion's share of their market.
    Last edited by Aries144; 11-10-17 at 07:40. Reason: amended for better point

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Hornady V-Max is not military ammunition.

I think you should make a video and throw it up on Youtube.
    I honestly don't have time and don't own any device capable of taking 1080p video. Best I have is an old digital camera that takes 480 with terrible audio. I've been completely slammed the past 4 years trying to help my wife get through university by taking care of an infant to 4 year old year old while working from home.

I'm furious with Beretta and feel I have absolutely no recourse other than bitching about it here so at least this way no one else is going in blind. The money that rifle cost was 1.5 years worth of discretionary spending at the time I bought it. ****ers!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has any aftermarket support ever developed for this weapon?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I'm still waiting on a factory 10.25" barrel. Last time I asked Beretta support I was told Spring 2018. The time before that I was told 4th quarter 2017.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Has any aftermarket support ever developed for this weapon?
    The only support I'm aware of comes from ShootingSight, who sell a replacement trigger.

The stock trigger can also be lightened significantly by clipping coils from the disconnector spring. The FCG strangely keeps the disconnector in contact with the hammer when cocked, such that the disconnector spring is also compressed during trigger pull. The disconnector spring and trigger springs are very stiff and are entirely what give the ARX its heavy trigger pull. The trigger/hammer sear surface geometry and hammer spring have far less influence on the trigger pull weight compare to an AR15.

The issue that can't currently be solved are those customers who bought "bad" examples of the rifle which are shooting 5+ MOA with match ammunition and shoving OTM bullets dangerously far back into cases during feeding- both of which Beretta have been informed about and neither of which they are interested in addressing, under warranty or otherwise.

Reprofiling the bevel at the chamber mouth, changes to quick detach barrel lockup points to stop the barrel from rattling in all three axis and rotating longitudinally in the receiver (the front and rear contact points which align the barrel do NOT share the same center, so rotation here is BAD for repeatable POA/POI from shot to shot), and perhaps new lightweight button-rifled barrels capable of better precision (they don't seem to know how to consistently make good barrels with their hammer forge) could address these issues.

Frankly, Beretta USA is selling Kel-tec quality with a premium price tag, but with a warranty that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. At least Kel-tec will try and fix their QC failures.
    Last edited by Aries144; 01-25-18 at 05:14. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    I'm still waiting on a factory 10.25" barrel. Last time I asked Beretta support I was told Spring 2018. The time before that I was told 4th quarter 2017.
    Forget the lone barrel. Botach is selling factory SBR's for $900. Mine showed up at my dealer yesterday.
    https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-sbr-w-10-barrel/

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Forget the lone barrel. Botach is selling factory SBR's for $900. Mine showed up at my dealer yesterday.
    https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-sbr-w-10-barrel/
    I would if I hadn't already SBR'd mine. Had my stamp for over a year now, just waiting on the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    I would if I hadn't already SBR'd mine. Had my stamp for over a year now, just waiting on the barrel.
    You obviously have not built it because you don't have the barrel. You can cancel the Form1 and get your $200 back. I've done it before. Alternatively, Botach is selling demilled ARX100's for $850. It includes all the parts except the receiver. They were selling the barrel assemblies for $450 at one point, so that makes it $400 for the rest of the parts.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Frankly, Beretta USA is selling Kel-tec quality with a premium price tag, but with a warranty that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. At least Kel-tec will try and fix their QC failures.
    Apparently not. My Kel-Tec RDB runs perfectly.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    Apparently not. My Kel-Tec RDB runs perfectly.

SamM
    Smh... my ARX has worked from day one, no failures after a few thousand rounds, and is combat accurate... 'nuff said!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast