Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Opinions on the Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbed77 View Post
    Every Italian soldier I saw in Italy in April of this year (stationed around cultural and historical sites) was carrying an ARX-160.
    Wow. They don't just let leftists destroy their cultural and historical sites? They actually protect them? That's definitely a foreign concept here in the US.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Wow. They don't just let leftists destroy their cultural and historical sites? They actually protect them? That's definitely a foreign concept here in the US.
    Yes, but with one caveat: They don't actually spend money on upkeep for many of the sites, despite tourism being one of the biggest sectors of their economy. You'd be amazed at how many priceless sites/artifacts are only being preserved because of private capital/donations. It is indeed a very "foreign" sight to see the military patrolling major sites/transportation hubs, which is common across Europe.

Back to the ARX, Beretta is actively pitching it to other countries. I think they just signed a deal for serial production in Oman or Qatar or somewhere in the Mid/Near East.

Feedback Score
    That's because most of the sites there are worth preserving.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    That's because most of the sites there are worth preserving.
    Is that a literal statement or are you implying that most of the cultural and historical sites in the US are not worth preserving?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Is that a literal statement or are you implying that most of the cultural and historical sites in the US are not worth preserving?
    I'm referring to the confederate monuments that have been removed across the south. Most of them were erected in the 60s in a not-so-subtle response to the Civil rights movement. They're embarrassing eyesores revered only by idiot rednecks and very very few of them have any real historical value.

Feedback Score
    With a couple small tweaks and an earlier release date I think the ARX had the opportunity to become *the* killer rifle, but missed 'em.

Had they integrated the lower pic rail (or just included the add on bit) instead of the GL mount, had the caliber conversion/barrel length kits available (not just for Beretta Mil customers), made the controls a bit less stiff, offered an AR grip swap option on the lower, a spacer for the stock, and included an extended charging handle bit, some QD points, and a nicer trigger, in say, 2012, this thing would have been an amazing market hit.

As is, it missed the hype train and a couple tiny but important frills.

I really like mine though, it's my current go-to. It's relatively light, reliable, reasonably accurate, super modular, etc. Only problems I ever had with it were with garbage winchester white box that ran right in nothing.

That you can get them for $1150 on GB and under $1k through some Botach and Academy sales, its really underrated I feel for all the options it brings, particularly compared with other rifles of the same generation and looking at features. I certainly cant see paying more for a SCAR than an ARX, much less 2.5-3x as much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I'm referring to the confederate monuments that have been removed across the south. Most of them were erected in the 60s in a not-so-subtle response to the Civil rights movement. They're embarrassing eyesores revered only by idiot rednecks and very very few of them have any real historical value.
    Fact is that "most" were not erected in the 60's, but they were erected to honor ancestors who fought for their families and communities. Some of what they believed was not right (the civil war was about more than just slavery), but honoring their sacrifices is still the right thing to do. It's a shame that you've taken sides with the Antifa and others who choose to desecrate monuments instead of making changes through the democratic process. Shame also that you revert to name calling when speaking of those who believe honoring such sacrifices is the right thing to do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    ... That you can get them for $1150 on GB and under $1k through some Botach and Academy sales ...
    I believe Academy is running a sale [$799] through August 12th.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    With a two year break from the ARX...I found myself back into it. Missed the platform...not the most accurate per say...but it gets the job done well for me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    I believe Academy is running a sale [$799] through August 12th.
    That is a STEEEEAAAAL

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast