Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping bags - 2016

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Good article on what to think about before you buy - http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Best-B.../Buying-Advice

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I've been using the same slumberjack 20° sleeping bag for about 20 years. I've used it everywhere from summer to winter camping in snow caves. Never had any issues with it and it still looks like new. I'm sure there are many other great brands, but I've never had to go searching for anything else.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The Slumberjack's look to be priced more reasonably than some of the other major brands. Not sure if that price difference comes at the cost of warmth, weight or a non-issue.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I can't speak for any of the newer slumberjack bags, but mine has never left me cold and it compacts very small and light. Mine being as old as it is doesn't even have a draft collar around the shoulder area, so I would suppose that if a newer model had the draft collar it would be slightly warmer but perhaps slightly bulkier.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have REI, Kelty and Marmot down bags. I slightly prefer the REI and Marmot over the Keltys but they are all decent. I think the "Dri down" technology greatly reduces the advantage of synthetics when dealing with moisture. I used a synthetic bag for many years starting as a scout. I and my scouting son have the Dri down bags now and I don't plan on going back. My son has used his 19 degree kelty with a fleece liner on winter camps and I've never had a complaint about being cold.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have Snugpak bags...jungle bag to cold winter bags. They are great! I highly recommend a Gore-Tex bivy sack when camping in cold/wet months...adds cold and wet protection. I have a GI bivy sack from a 4X bag...adds a little weight, but worth it!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    That's how I'm rolling as well.

Jungle bag for 2/3's of the year, and a Softie Elite 3 for winter.

I have zero complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I have Snugpak bags...jungle bag to cold winter bags. They are great! I highly recommend a Gore-Tex bivy sack when camping in cold/wet months...adds cold and wet protection. I have a GI bivy sack from a 4X bag...adds a little weight, but worth it!

Feedback Score
    I have a pile of bags including a few mentioned here

Wiggy's are THE bag to have over all the rest. I have the FTRSS system ( 2 bags) and all the rest of my bags are hanging in a closet. I'm totally happy with Wiggy's

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLA View Post
    I have a pile of bags including a few mentioned here

Wiggy's are THE bag to have over all the rest. I have the FTRSS system ( 2 bags) and all the rest of my bags are hanging in a closet. I'm totally happy with Wiggy's
    Great bags but they are heavy!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast