Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why SureFire batteries??

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Why SureFire batteries??

Anyone notice a difference between Duracell or Energizer?

I'm about to run out of my last box of 12.... 20 bucks or should I spend $10 for 2 Duracell? Lol.

Anyone know who SF outsources from? Chinese shit or are a reputable company?
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Panasonic makes most of the quality cr123 batteries on the market including Surefire.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very old post so take it for what it's worth but the consensus is that Energizer makes the SF 123s.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...tery-Shoot-Out
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Correct Surefire contracts out their batteries, but they also spec them out. If you are buying batteries to use in a WML on a heavy recoiling weapon I would stick with SF or at least some other high quality battery. Been a long time since I heard of a light on a shotgun blowing up but if you use cheap batteries it can happen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Correct Surefire contracts out their batteries, but they also spec them out. If you are buying batteries to use in a WML on a heavy recoiling weapon I would stick with SF or at least some other high quality battery. Been a long time since I heard of a light on a shotgun blowing up but if you use cheap batteries it can happen.
    What could cause it to blow up? Not calling you a liar mind you, but I am seriously curious as to lowerend brands of CR123s causing issues to include booms. Personally only have SF CR123s in my lights and I buy a box everytime I order from SKD and a couple other trusted sights. Order 12 at a pop, stock them deep, they serve me well.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    SF have a heavy duty bottom, cheaper batteries left in lights after firing would sometimes leak and then short out, lithium will react with moisture in the air and is better kept sealed. The SF's have a heavier bottom to help resist this, I think most of the quality brands are OK, I would stay away from made in China. Here is a post from TOS about this:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/951360_.html
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-18-16 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    If you go to the Surefire webpage and click on their FAQ section, you will find this:

"Using genuine Panasonic®, Duracell® or Energizer® batteries will not void your warranty, but using any other non-SureFire brand will void it."

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Feedback Score
    Of the SF.123 Labeled Lithium Batteries I've had/used in the past, I've peeled the label and clearly seen beneath was Duracell. Don't know about the current SF.123s nowadays.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've always run SF batteries (personal purchase) or Panasonic (that's what the .gov gets) and never had a problem with either. For the $, I'll stick with those.
    SF

Feedback Score
    Yeah..I got a shitload of the Panasonic from .gov

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast