Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMag 21 and 27 GL9 extended Glock mags

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden3.16 View Post
    I agree. My very first thought was "sweet magpul glock 21 mags." Oh well.
    Yeah something like "GL9-140" or "GL9-170" would have gotten the point across better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sweet, the more the merrier!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I always wondered why Glock didn't release a reasonable length 9mm mag like they did with the 22 round .40 mags.

Feedback Score
    I saw these at Shot Show this year.

1. They are competition legal. Hence the odd round count, 21rds & 27rds.
    2. They feel good in the hand. Insert easily.
    3. They Drop free.
    4. The finish on these prototype mags is not the production finish.
    5. Should retail for around $25.00
    6. Available late 2016?
    7. Great for home defense and carry. The 21rd doesn't stick that much farther out than the 17rd magazine.
    8. Yes . . . I should have put the 17rd in the frame for a size reference. I didn't think about it as I was very excited.
    9. Finally, no more plus 5 mag extensions and wondering if the spring is going to work reliably

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Dg_1kjeWTCA[/youtube]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I always wondered why Glock didn't release a reasonable length 9mm mag like they did with the 22 round .40 mags.
    Because Glock.

To the best of my knowledge, they only produced the 22-round 40-caliber magazines in response to a demand by a certain unit for them (a certain unit that at least used to carry 40-caliber Glocks. Probably the same unit that the ALG Six-Second Mount was developed for).

Obviously, Glock has proven in the last year that they're not entirely deaf to the wants of the commercial market... but they also aren't entirely in tune with them, either.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    The fact that these were announced like the day after the $42 Zev extensions has got to be a kick in the nuts for them...granted, you can buy a Zev extension now, and who knows when you'll be able to buy these.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Obviously, Glock has proven in the last year that they're not entirely deaf to the wants of the commercial market... but they also aren't entirely in tune with them, either.
    +1. I have to think that Glock USA pretty well knows what we all want. I also get the feeling that Glock USA doesn't get to make any significant decisions without the approval of Glock Austria...and the US commercial market might as well be Martian to them. Contrast this with a company like CZ, where they seem to get to do whatever they want in the US without approval or significant input from the Czech mothership.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Because Glock.

To the best of my knowledge, they only produced the 22-round 40-caliber magazines in response to a demand by a certain unit for them (a certain unit that at least used to carry 40-caliber Glocks. Probably the same unit that the ALG Six-Second Mount was developed for).

Hmmm, if this is the case then someone send a memo to the NSW and tell them to tell glock that they want mags the same length but in 9mm so we can reap the rewards, as it were.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Yeah, they should have called them the Glock 9Lim and 9 Open.

They 19 and 17 mags are not all that much cheaper than factory mags.
    But compared to factory mags plus baseplates plus springs these are going to be a steal.

Edit

CZ is very responsive to the market.
    With Glock the aftermarket is responsive.
    With beretta they bungle cluelessly along.
    Wilson kicks them in the ass,
    And they come up with crap and still don't get it. Plastic parts guns the same price as the brig Tac, FS model brigs and vertec so,
    G models with unchangabke front sight, same with carry models.
    Instead of paying Stoeger to shoot 92s in production and Langdon in SSP,
    They continue to ignore uspsa,
    And pay Langdon to pimp the fuvking PX series.

CZ is like the exception that proves the European manufacturers don't get the us market.
    Which is what,
    Like the only rich, sizable civilian market in the world.
    Last edited by ramairthree; 01-24-16 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the advantages of the existing (and new) extensions vs the extended GL9s is their added weight, along with the contours that can be used for holds/indexing. They'll remain very popular for gun gaming. However, I suspect those users aren't even a morsel of the market that the 21/27 will appeal to.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Yeah something like "GL9-140" or "GL9-170" would have gotten the point across better.
    Full Model Name is PMAG 21 GL9 & PMAG 27 GL9.

GL9-21 or GL9-140, etc would have been better for sure.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast