Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMag 21 and 27 GL9 extended Glock mags

Feedback Score

Any word on when the Magpul Glock Limited and Open mags will be out

Summer 2016
    Is about to pass as Labor Day falls.

I am not interested in a more brittle clear plastic version.

you will be able to buy three of these compared to the cost to get an extension and spring and factory magazine.

I am looking forward to them.

Feedback Score
    hopefully we see these for .40 cal, .45, and 10mm...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Summer 2016
    Is about to pass as Labor Day falls.

I am not interested in a more brittle clear plastic version.

you will be able to buy three of these compared to the cost to get an extension and spring and factory magazine.

I am looking forward to them.
    Brother.. if you are referring to ETS mags...STOP with the "brittle" crap. THEY AINT.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Brother.. if you are referring to ETS mags...STOP with the "brittle" crap. THEY AINT.
    I tested bouncing full and partially loaded ETS magazines off concrete. Height was four feet high, to simulate a drop from shoulder height.

I had one full magazine lose a full rounds due to flexibility but the ETS mags survived multiple drops without issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    I tested bouncing full and partially loaded ETS magazines off concrete. Height was four feet high, to simulate a drop from shoulder height.

I had one full magazine lose a full rounds due to flexibility but the ETS mags survived multiple drops without issue.
    They've been thoroughly tested repeatedly. Ever so often, one has broken. Ive seen and had Glock factory mags break too.
    If people don't want ETS mags, I give a shit. Just stop with the "brittle/fragile" horseshit.
    Myself, I wouldn't own a Glock P-Mag.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably like most of you I own both types, ETS and P-Mags. I prefer the ETS. By far. At this point I use them for training and range, factory Glocks for carry. My main gripe with the P-Mags are no index holes to see how many rounds there are beyond 'oh, it's full.'

I wanted to like the ETS AR mags, but I'm neutral, my feel is they take up too much room with the side attachment fixture. And price wise I tend to go with GI.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-02-16 at 22:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

I wanted to like the ETS AR mags, but I'm neutral, my feel is they take up too much room with the side attachment fixture.
    You know you can buy them without the coupling feature, right? That said, they're still bulkier than other mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    You know you can buy them without the coupling feature, right? That said, they're still bulkier than other mags.
    I'd forgotten that.

In my opinion their niche market for rifle mags is the 'force-on-force' market for users of the Simunition or Force-On-Force marking rounds. If I were them I would aggressively market that direction. That actually is why I bought my first bunch, taking one for the team, so to speak, as kind of a T&E deal.

As far as the brittle deal, what they ought to do to nip that in the bud is link up with an academy that has a concrete range, the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center comes to mind , and furnish them mags for a couple of classes. I'm retired from their now, but I got so freaking tired of either giving folks prayer rugs to drop their metal or metal/plastic floorplate mags on, or chasing parts across the range.

I'm happy with the GI Mags. As far as price point and reliability, for rifle mags, I cant really understand why anyone would exclusively use only PMags or ETS.

However, I do love their pistol mags, they are priced lower than factory mags, and I can easily see how many I've got loaded for practicing plates, etc.

JMO.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-03-16 at 09:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm interested in the GL9 21 rd mag. A G19 with an RMR, Silencerco Octane 9 and a stash of 21rd mags is pretty appealing as a "things got weird while at work now I need to get home" gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    ETS Glock magazines rock, I prefer them to the Magpul 15/17rd magazines (but those are functional and I grabbed some when they were $11 shipped from AIM).

Drop anything on the ground and it CAN break. Anything. Sure, most of the time it won't, but eventually someone will break a <insert brand name item> by doing so.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast