Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMag 21 and 27 GL9 extended Glock mags

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    So, anyone shot with the PMAG 21 GL9 mags yet?

About to order some but haven't seen anything since they were released.
    I was about to order some, but it looks like the ETS mags are ~140mm as well and carry an extra round. I just bought 4.

I might still check out a PMAG-27 though.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I was about to order some, but it looks like the ETS mags are ~140mm as well and carry an extra round. I just bought 4.

I'm wondering how the new Magpul 21 work in the Kriss, I know the ETS had issues in them.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

My experience- you won't get 22 rounds in them. Even 21 is difficult.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterguy View Post
    Then contact ETS and they will send you brand new springs. They did for me, and I get 22 in without needing my uplula
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    It's purely speculation on my part, but given what the disparity I've seen in reliability from ETS vs Magpul Glock mags, I'm willing to bet Magpul didn't simply forget to make the GL9 PMAG 21 hold 22 rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterguy View Post
    My many 22 round mags holds 22 just fine, only being stiff & difficult to load initially. Had one that woyldnt take but 21 rounds...contacted ETS via FB and a new spring cured that.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys I don't want to hijack this thread but if you have one of our 22 round mags and it won't hold 22 rounds please contact us for a spring replacement. We will be happy to replace it for you.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsideRook View Post
    It's purely speculation on my part, but given what the disparity I've seen in reliability from ETS vs Magpul Glock mags, I'm willing to bet Magpul didn't simply forget to make the GL9 PMAG 21 hold 22 rounds.
    I would say that Magpul pulled an H&K: They prioritized function over capacity.

22-rounds in an ETS are difficult to seat in the gun, swell slightly (preventing fully loaded magazines from dropping freely - although I don't know why you would need one to), and have had issues with springs (which ETS has been great about addressing as the issue arises).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Funny my ETS mags have been as reliable as my Magpul mags - and let not forget that all companies have had issues with new products in the past - be in magazines, BUIS, you name it.

Both Magpul and ETS have done a great job addressing those when they come up, so in the end pick the one you like and move on.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I would say that Magpul pulled an H&K: They prioritized function over capacity.
    Maybe, maybe not. The Glock PMAG design seems to have a very thick basepad which likely costs them length and room. On the 15rd mags it's obnoxiously long IMO, to the point I will use the 4 Magpuls I have take out of the package, but the rest will stay in storage, as I prefer the form factor of OEM and ETS magazines much better - all have functioned with the same reliability for me (ie not caused any failures - only cheap / weak ammo as caused those).

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast