Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Magpul PMag 21 and 27 GL9 extended Glock mags

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. The Glock PMAG design seems to have a very thick basepad which likely costs them length and room. On the 15rd mags it's obnoxiously long IMO, to the point I will use the 4 Magpuls I have take out of the package, but the rest will stay in storage, as I prefer the form factor of OEM and ETS magazines much better - all have functioned with the same reliability for me (ie not caused any failures - only cheap / weak ammo as caused those).
    I personally prefer the Magpul magazines in my G17 with an Agency well as I feel it would be easier to grasp the magazine and rip it out in the event of a double-feed or other stuck magazine issue. Vickers base plates work with OEM and ETS magazines, but I prefer a longer magazine with a beefier base plate to grasp onto for concealment versus a shorter, wider magazine base plate.

I still need to re-test my ETS 22-rounders - and ask them to send me the new springs if they fail again - as I do prefer the transparent magazine to the solid black for training and practice.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-21-16 at 21:45.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    G18, 21 GL9, G17, G19:

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-29-16 at 03:23.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsideRook View Post
    It's purely speculation on my part, but given what the disparity I've seen in reliability from ETS vs Magpul Glock mags, I'm willing to bet Magpul didn't simply forget to make the GL9 PMAG 21 hold 22 rounds.

Agree.

I waited for Magpul and ordered a pair of their 21 round mags. Following the ETS thread on M4C alone would keep me away but I've seen issues posted elsewhere too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Haven't had a chance to shoot my GL21 yet, but it does take 21 last one was hard to get in but not so hard as to require a MagLuLa. Magazine seats easily with 21 in the body and slide closed on my G19MOS. With 20 its a piece of cake to do a tac reload. Stuffed to the gills it drops free. Didn't notice any bulge either. Will function test this week.

No experience with ETS as I couldn't find one locally to evaluate. The idea of clear sounds good so I may order one if I have something else to buy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    ...I prefer a longer magazine with a beefier base plate to grasp onto for concealment versus a shorter, wider magazine base plate.
    I'm the opposite way. I think the chunky baseplates should give you an extra round, or some advantage.

I'm 400 rounds into a pair of ETS mags I bought only a few weeks ago, and all I can report is that they have been 100% and I suck with shooting a pistol.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I'm the opposite way. I think the chunky baseplates should give you an extra round, or some advantage.

I'm 400 rounds into a pair of ETS mags I bought only a few weeks ago, and all I can report is that they have been 100% and I suck with shooting a pistol.
    Being able to seat your magazines without using a sledgehammer* or downloading magazines isn't an advantage?

*This is exaggeration, obviously.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    G18, 21 GL9, G17, G19:

If I can borrow your pic Moose...

Anyone know if there is/what is the significance of the different floor angles on the mags? Going from a slight tilt (19/23/32) to severe tilt (17/22/31) to squared off (Magpul 21) to severe tilt again (31 round). Obviously the smaller ones square up against their respective firearms but is there any particular reason for the differences especially between the full size and compact magazines? Any Glock armorers have an opinion?

Feedback Score
    Being able to seat your magazines without using a sledgehammer* or downloading magazines isn't an advantage?

Once again, I don't want to hijack this thread....that said, if your 22 round mag is hard to seat with 22 rounds in it, you need to get one of our newly designed springs (new within the last few weeks). When the spring is right, it makes a world of difference. Also, if we can't get your mags working like you think they should, we will take them back. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So please email our customer service so we can get some new springs on the way to you at no charge.

Sorry to interrupt.

Thanks!
    Product Development - Elite Tactical Systems Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No issues with my mags, homey.

I even tested this after I read about it.

Moar bullets, smaller mag, 100% reliability (so far), and... I think... more durable makes it a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    ...if your 22 round mag is hard to seat with 22 rounds in it, you need to get one of our newly designed springs (new within the last few weeks).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Personally I think these magazines (21rd PMAG and 22rd ETS) are about perfect for a reload on the body or to have a couple in a backpack - much more usable than the 33rd. More quality options is good for the end users - pick your preference and carry on.

Thus far my ETS (6x22 and 2x15) and PMAGs (2x15 and 2x17) mags have been fine.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast