Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1816

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the only ones that you'll find are used as there are no MK1 Mod 0 at the shop. I've relayed comments regarding the rail back to Mr. Geissele regarding this so he is aware.
    RXM, if you're giving feedback to Mr. Geissele, please let him know that at least some of us prefer the lighter weight that comes with the new design.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Dumb question: Anyone know of anybody making a direct connect handstop for the SMR Mk1?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Dumb question: Anyone know of anybody making a direct connect handstop for the SMR Mk1?
    IWC has one that will mount directly....I'm not sure exactly which MOE model works the best however. I would just contact IWS directly and ask them which model works the best.

This is a quote from IWC from awhile ago...

"We haven't updated the site for SMR's yet. In the meantime, order this: Weapon Control Hand Stop and select ANY of the MOE handguards. You'll get our revised handstop that bolt directly to G-SMR's without any gap, wobble or rails required.

MOUNT-N-SLOT "

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...control-mount/

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Ah. Excellent. What I get for shifting my attention elsewhere for a while. Much thanks!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejskle View Post
    I agree with this completely. I don't know why they'd keep the rails at the ends for the Keymod version. I'd prefer full keymod from front to back, including the angled rails like the KAC URX4. It's improved functionality.
    +1 on this. I hope the keymod goes all the way to the end, and basically like you said, on 7 sides like the URX4.

If I want rails on the end, I can just put them there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejskle View Post
    RXM, if you're giving feedback to Mr. Geissele, please let him know that at least some of us prefer the lighter weight that comes with the new design.
    Next time I see him I'll pass along the word. Appreciate the feedback.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Next time I see him I'll pass along the word. Appreciate the feedback.
    Lightweight is fine. I want the wings!!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I too was a really big fan of the full wings on the first Mk1 models......for every other model, I think moving to a more lightweight wing/anti rotation design is a positive move.

The Mk1 in my eyes is the no expense spared (steel inserted attachment screw holes ), truly bombproof FF rail. It's original design has a direct lineage to the HK GA SMR rail that was designed for the hardest of uses. That made it very unique in my book.

The thing I don't like about the first Mk1/Mk2s...which has since been addressed in the current design, is the protruding cross bolt heads. They are not really streamlined into the design at all like they currently are on all SMR models.

Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-29-13 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    Geissele 13" SMR MK1 Mod 1, low profile Super Gas Block, and SSA trigger. Very light setup. I'll have to weigh it next time I'm near a scale.

Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast