Page 119 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1816

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    Continued.

Mark 1 13 inch Black. Just messing around and putting the kitchen sink on my build Thank you to Zincognito for letting me try out his LaRue swing mount and the black TD cover. Even with the PA I like the setup better than the ACOG.
    Anytime man!

You have quite a long history of Geissele in your life....lol. Although I wasn't excited with the changes to the MK1, this new version has grown on me and I'll be buying one in the near future. As far as keymod is concerned, the URX4 and BCM are leading the way.....IMO.
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
    SPOTTED

yeap that is my photo and my guns mk4 308 keymod Prototype
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm having a difficult time understanding the differences in these Geissele rails. I know some use an Al barrel nut and some use steel, and there are some differences in the shape of the rails.

What rail would be suggested for an 18 in. SPR type build with a rifle gas system? The only things I would mount to the rail would be a front BUIS, Harris BRM-S, and a 45 degree offset T1.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can order the aluminum barrel nut separately should it not come with the rail model you decide on.

I personally like the 15" MK1 for a SPR precision type rifle...

18" barrel/ 15" MK1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I'm having a difficult time understanding the differences in these Geissele rails. I know some use an Al barrel nut and some use steel, and there are some differences in the shape of the rails.

What rail would be suggested for an 18 in. SPR type build with a rifle gas system? The only things I would mount to the rail would be a front BUIS, Harris BRM-S, and a 45 degree offset T1.
    As of now, I believe MK2, MK3, and MK4 come with the aluminum barrel nut.

In terms of differences between the SMR series of rails, it can best be summed up as MK1>MK3>MK2. The MK4 is pretty much an entirely different handguard that focuses on weight reduction.

The MK1 and MK3 share the same 3D machining on the 3, 6, and 9 whereas the MK2 has flat sides. The 3D machined sides allow for a more comfortable grip. Main differences between the MK1 and MK3 is that the accessory picatinny rails mount directly to the MK1 but use a backplate system on the MK3.

I have no problems suggesting someone buy the MK3 if the MK1 is not available or if they want to save a few bucks.

For a SPR build, I would suggest a 15" handguard.

Here is a 15" MK1 on my SPR

MK3 from the front showing the attachment system

Last edited by RXM; 09-20-13 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    What about barrel nut compatibility? Can I use an MK3 with my MK4 barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    Yes from mk1 to mk4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Not sure how you can get sleeker than the MK1...

Imho GA already owns the slickest lopro rail on the market, and it's method of attachment is superior to everything else I've seen to date. One can't find a design that is more durable, and effortless than GA's steel inserts and screw in acc. 1913 panels. The only problem with it is that it's the hardest and most expensive process/design to use.

After a cpl. decades, the 1913 rail design has not only proven itself in spades, but now is one of the biggest reasons why we even get to enjoy the liberty of having so many choices to pick from with regards to the vast amt. of various AR kit made today. The 1913 design has been essentially perfect for so many years now...then poof somehow it's now archaic or prehistoric technology?? Call me old fashion but the fact that every single thing I could want currently to outfit my rifle comes currently in a 1913 design is good enough reason to not screw with what's not broken.

Moreover, the 1913 is vetted to the nth degree under every single condition imaginable...including years of service in combat....on the other hand we have a new keymod design that hasn't seen any time hardly in terms of really vetting it out, and it certainly has no time while being used in conditions like combat.

I have no idea what will become of the keymod design, however I do know two things at the moment...

1. At this time, the keymod hasn't come anywhere close to being fielded enough to say with any certainty that it will make the 1913 design irrelevant. We have no clue what future problems or successes might arise from extended usage in real deal conditions over years not months.

2. At this time, the keymod accessories are really a joke if somebody thinks that they have opened up some chest of versatility or new modularity with the ones that exist today. I've yet to see a keymod accessory that made me think wow, now I see the beauty in the system. The keymod design has most likely years of catching up to do in terms of just getting simple models of vfgs, covers, widgets, etc...and then if you invest that kinda time you better hope that the AR world hasn't found a better high speed method of attachment, or you'll start the whole process over again with the lastest revolutionary design.

Just for the record I wanted to express that I don't feel anyone's opinion has been wrong over the last bit of discussion even though I do know that my own opinion is quite different from some of them.

Ultimately I appreciate lots of educated opinions in regards to future design, and I know for sure Geissele does....it will only make products better in the long run.

By having a handstop that mount direct without attaching a rail.....Deliberate Dynamics is supposed to have one soon that will work for all the Geissele handgaurds.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    You can order the aluminum barrel nut separately should it not come with the rail model you decide on.

I personally like the 15" MK1 for a SPR precision type rifle...

18" barrel/ 15" MK1

Is that 18" barrel including the flash hider? Serious question, I'm thinking of using a 15" rail on a 16" barrel, but from this pic, my plan doesn't look like it will work. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's an 18" barrel...not sure what the OAL is with AAC M4/SPR Blackout F/H on it though.

Here it is w/ a factory A2 F/H...

Page 119 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast