Page 124 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1816

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Geissele doesn't have a marketing dept., and the last thing in the world Bill Geissele does is lie or embellish his products. I'd be careful calling bullshit on an outfit with as much integrity and honesty as GA has.

I've found Geissele products sell themselves, and they don't need any "whimsy fantasty" statements to aid in that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't know if it really is a problem. The "solution" would be to add weight. Personally, I would much rather just shoot with gloves or run a VG (assuming that I am going to run the gun long and hard to generate so much heat that I cannot hold onto it).

C4
    Why can't the solution be some grip panels like the KAC panels for the URX?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog714 View Post
    Why can't the solution be some grip panels like the KAC panels for the URX?
    If that works for you, then yes.

C4

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by srshooter View Post
    Really? That seems like a fantasy world statement. a Soldier with gear weighs 280 lbs, and the sling has QD swivel mounts- 4 little spring loaded balls holding 280 lbs with momentum behind it?

Sales is an important thing to do, but it shouldn't require statements of whimsy like that.
    I would imagine he means that the rail could handle the load not the QD attachment method specifically.

Feedback Score
    Really? That seems like a fantasy world statement. a Soldier with gear weighs 280 lbs, and the sling has QD swivel mounts- 4 little spring loaded balls holding 280 lbs with momentum behind it?
    AFAIK it was original user requirement for procurement for upgraded HK416 handguard and SMR rail delivered this capability and GA got contract. This is how all SMR rails started - from 10.4" SMR HK rail.

BTW Remington Defense also proposed their rail for the bid. Designed to match same user requirements it looked very similar to SMR.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Most excellent info Montrala...Never asked about the actual rail contract aspects.

Wonder if any other submissions made a serious push at the contract besides the rem., and the SMR.?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Most excellent info Montrala...Never asked about the actual rail contract aspects.

Wonder if any other submissions made a serious push at the contract besides the rem., and the SMR.?
    DD had something in work. There were some pics floating around, but did not look half as heavy duty as Rem or Geissele rails.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Geissele doesn't have a marketing dept., and the last thing in the world Bill Geissele does is lie or embellish his products. I'd be careful calling bullshit on an outfit with as much integrity and honesty as GA has.

I've found Geissele products sell themselves, and they don't need any "whimsy fantasty" statements to aid in that.
    The rail is equipped with QD swivel sockets- the statement implies at least the way I read it and to me, the use of the provided equipment. If it was caveated with some disclaimer about alternate sling mounting that would make sense, I didn't hear the original statement. The equipment designed to safely tether a human from a helicopter is rated ~2000-3000lbs typically (3600lbs tested in the link below). Is the QD swivel even rated for 300 lbs? I doubt it.

http://www.yatesgear.com/rescue/tactical/beltsLanyards/

Is it wrong to connect the statement I read to the OEM provided sling attachment point? I don't think so. Is it wrong to critically access information? No.
    Last edited by srshooter; 11-05-13 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The rail is equipped with QD swivel sockets- the statement implies at least the way I read it and to me, the use of the provided equipment. If it was caveated with some disclaimer about alternate sling mounting that would make sense, I didn't hear the original statement. The equipment designed to safely tether a human from a helicopter is rated ~2000-3000lbs typically (3600lbs tested in the link below). Is the QD swivel even rated for 300 lbs? I doubt it.

http://www.yatesgear.com/rescue/tactical/beltsLanyards/

Is it wrong to connect the statement I read to the OEM provided sling attachment point? I don't think so. Is it wrong to critically access information? No.

I'm not trying to call out anybody, all I'm suggesting is that if anyone should get the benefit of the doubt before being called a lair, embellish-er, or otherwise marketing fluff job....it's Mr. Geissele and his awesome team.

Bill notoriously undersells, or plays down his products performance, ability, or design on every occasion I can remember.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's the DD rail submission

Page 124 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast