Page 54 of 182 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    The MK4 won't be available for a couple more months. There was only a limited run of the first batch of the MK4; 10 or less I think.

I'll be adding the MK4 to my rifle when GA releases them to the market. If my wife didn't install it on her rifle it would be on mine right now.
    Last edited by RXM; 02-25-13 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    The MK4 won't be available for a couple more months.
    I'm trying to finish up an upper right now. I'd take one of the older versionstoo, if i could find one
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I'm trying to finish up an upper right now. I'd take one of the older versionstoo, if i could find one
    They've been saying GA is working on .gov contracts until April, when they'll start cranking these out again.

I wish I could compare this and the MK1 side by side before deciding...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I'll be looking to put one of these on an SBR. Awesome.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Skunkworks in action....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Any idea what media they are using for blasting prior to anodizing?
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's a good question especially in regards to Mk1 models potentially...however unfortunately I don't know what media is being used.

Very well might be to some degree a trade secret considering the pristine ano jobs on GA rails, and more specifically the way the Mk1 ano job feels to the naked touch. It's truly unlike anything I've ever felt.

The shape + the ano feel makes the Mk1 feel amazing in the hands.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    That's a good question especially in regards to Mk1 models potentially...however unfortunately I don't know what media is being used.

Very well might be to some degree a trade secret considering the pristine ano jobs on GA rails, and more specifically the way the Mk1 ano job feels to the naked touch. It's truly unlike anything I've ever felt.

It seems like you like the Mk 4 even better though?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post

I agree, these rails feel and handle fantastic. The finish is tities. I really can't say enough about them. Ill leave that to Trident . I have not seen the newest version, but he crushed it his very first try. MK1. Buy that sucker with confidence.

I've never bought anything from GA and regretted it.

Trident, when are you going to knock out that comparison chart. Is the 4 larger in size than the 1? It look more like the II.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-27-13 at 22:24.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wake27....Admittedly "new" has powerful effects on my opinions sometimes, and the fact that the Mk4 is brand new makes me at least to some small degree a tad bit biased towards it currently.

The Mk1 offers an unmatched level of both modularity and feel that the Mk2, and Mk4 aren't capable of achieving.

The Mk4 just feels outta this world at least with a LW 14.5" barrel. The design, the tolerances, and overall LW:strength ratio is really off the charts.

The lightweight, and super sleek form of the Mk4 makes it almost irresistible not to favor at least at this time.

Very much two totally different animals with the Mk1 and Mk4 models.

PB
    ....I haven't forgot about that good idea of yours. The fact is that these SMR models are being constantly refined, therefore making accurate measurements impossible until all models have been finalized or at least much more so than they are now.

The Mk2 just got some serious refinement for example....I need to ask for permission before I post some pics and share the details of it though.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-27-13 at 22:34.

Page 54 of 182 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast