Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sqwerl View Post
    The Geissele rail is said to be anti-rotational but I fail to see how that could be. I don't see any feature regardless of the cross-bolts or how securely it attaches to the barrel nut that would fully prevent rotation. It wouldn't be a concern of mine but that is just a claim that I don't believe can be substantiated. That's like saying my DD Lite has anti-rotation.
    I believe the rear section of the rail closest to the receiver has extended material, anti-rotation "areas", maybe with set screws as well from the pics above. In conjunction with the mounting system, barrel nut: grooved for the cross bolt assembly, I dont see this rail moving. Looks to be a solid setup, as is all of Geissele's products.
    Last edited by SPDGG; 05-16-12 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does anyone know if this system will be offered in a AR15 12" length?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Everything Geissele touches turns to gold

New custom rail for the HK shooting team.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Everything Geissele touches turns to gold

New custom rail for the HK shooting team.....

While it looks pretty F'n BA, it also looks like it weighs half a ton.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I might have to pass even though I like most everything about this handguard. I asked whether or not bolt on plastic covers would be available and they stated that they were not needed because of the smoothed edges. I could care less about sharp edges, I shoot often with the handguard against abrasive stuff concrete and metal both of which would scratch the hell out of the nice smoothed out edges. I might have to look at the NSR which comes with true accessory support.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I might have to pass even though I like most everything about this handguard. I asked whether or not bolt on plastic covers would be available and they stated that they were not needed because of the smoothed edges. I could care less about sharp edges, I shoot often with the handguard against abrasive stuff concrete and metal both of which would scratch the hell out of the nice smoothed out edges. I might have to look at the NSR which comes with true accessory support.
    "Not needed?"
    You can always bolt on pic rails

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sqwerl View Post
    "Not needed?"
    You can always bolt on pic rails
    Yes Im rather disappointed. I guess you could bolt on rail panels then put rail covers on them.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By Hipwrguitar:[/span]
    [span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By vicious_cb:[/span]
    Any plans on making polymer bolt on panels for the handguards?
    At this time there are no plans for a polymer bolt-on panel. Our rails have contoured, rounded edges so there is no need for them. They will ship with two bolt-on picatinny rails.

JB

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I hope Geissele changes his mind about this. I think both LaRue and Noveske got it right by offering the covers for their slick rails.

Dano5326 Guest
    As evidenced by the hk416 origin of the rail, intended for professional users, cosmetics not a consideration.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    As evidenced by the hk416 origin of the rail, intended for professional users, cosmetics not a consideration.
    True, but when I pay for stuff with my own dime I like to keep the wear and tear at a minimum.

Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast