Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Maxim 9 built all in-house, makes debut at SHOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They were using m&p bodies at first. I'm sure some lawyer at Smith and w had a brain aneurysm and died. Thus prompting a cease and desist nasty gram.

I hope this takes off. Suppress all the things!

Feedback Score
    The S&W version prototype was a proof-of-concept. They wanted to work on the suppressor part and just leave the gun part alone at that point. I don't think they intended on keeping the gun as a partnership build. The whole intent for the final product is to have a Silencerco-only build.

As for this prototype being 3D-printed in part, that's true.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...otype-handgun/

Me? I'm definitely interested, if only because of the tech aspect.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll bet it uses a ported barrel.

No thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To quote Dave Skylark...

"That thing is fugly with a capital FUG..."

That said, if they can manage low enough dBs and use Glock mags, I'm intrigued.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    The S&W version prototype was a proof-of-concept. They wanted to work on the suppressor part and just leave the gun part alone at that point. I don't think they intended on keeping the gun as a partnership build. The whole intent for the final product is to have a Silencerco-only build.

As for this prototype being 3D-printed in part, that's true.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...otype-handgun/

Me? I'm definitely interested, if only because of the tech aspect.
    I know, I'm sure your right. I'm just being mouthy toward S&W.

I hope they build it.

Feedback Score
    It's quite cool and ugly at the same time, that's an interesting yet futuristic looking gun lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I handled the Maxim 9 at the local shop today and was surprised by how light and fairly well balanced it is. Trigger seemed pretty light compared to other popular pistols (Glock, M&P). Grip was comfortable, three-dot sights seemed on the small side. Comes with a Magpul GL9 magazine. It has an optic cutout with cover plate forward of the breach, which I think everyone was expecting. I believe they had it priced as $1499, which is well above my price range.

Novel concept, but it would be pretty impractical to carry in a holster. It would probably work well as a home defense gun, but the challenge of mounting a light would definitely detract from that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^^^ I also got to play with a Maxim 9 the other day. It was much lighter then I would have imagined. The owner actually had a leather OWB holster made for it and he was carrying it pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    but the challenge of mounting a light would definitely detract from that.
    Adding a rail to the keymod holes on the bottom would definitely hand the light real low. It seemed doable but might not be useable. I didn’t really pay attention to it when I looked at the pistol a few months ago. Gives me another reason to stop at my shop I guess!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Finally, a suppressed pistol with a reasonable overall length that uses the entire length for sight radius. I’ll wait a year or two to hear what others have to say, but if it is reliable and durable, I want one for sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast