Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Maxim 9 built all in-house, makes debut at SHOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one. Function is perfect. The suppressor portion is light weight so it is not as muzzle heavy as a standard suppressor. Recoil is light. Trigger is mediocre. Front sight is small and can NOT be changed. Silencer told me that they tried aftermarket front sights and they melted due to the extra heat at the muzzle. I think it makes a great home defense pistol.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    Front sight is small and can NOT be changed. Silencer told me that they tried aftermarket front sights and they melted due to the extra heat at the muzzle.
    I have one too, love it.

My understanding is you can use Glock compatible sights, but if tritium, the vial must be pinned, not glued, as the heat will breakdown the glue and come apart. Is that correct?

Feedback Score
    This sounds about right. It's Glock sights, but I haven't changed one out yet. The information I got was no plastic front sights, and the tritium sights need to be fixed better (to deal with higher temperature). So probably glue vs pin is logical. I just need to get my RMR mounted on there and see how it works out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    I have one too, love it.

My understanding is you can use Glock compatible sights, but if tritium, the vial must be pinned, not glued, as the heat will breakdown the glue and come apart. Is that correct?
    I was told that you can only use the SilencerCo front sight. Not saying that you are wrong, just that it differs from what I was told.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    This sounds about right. It's Glock sights, but I haven't changed one out yet. The information I got was no plastic front sights, and the tritium sights need to be fixed better (to deal with higher temperature). So probably glue vs pin is logical. I just need to get my RMR mounted on there and see how it works out.
    Red dot is definitely the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    To quote Dave Skylark...

"That thing is fugly with a capital FUG..."

That said, if they can manage low enough dBs and use Glock mags, I'm intrigued.
    Quieter at the ear than either my Revolution or Optimus can on a regular host gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I hope they do a rimfire gun next, a integrally suppressed P22 sized gun would be awesome.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Could any of the owners go in to how it disassembles and what it’s like to clean?

I like the idea of this, but I think it’ll really take of when more manufacturers jump in to the field on this.

Feedback Score
    The Maxim 9 disassembles easily and is quite easy to clean. The polymer frame is easily removed by punching one pin. There are some vids on YouTube that show disassembly. Pistol is quiet, lighter than you would think, a little front heavy but not bad, and with an RMR mounted accurate as anything else on the market. It sits next to my bed stand with a light attached for home defense. I love it, takes ubiquitous Glock mags, feeds ball and hollow point Ammo. There is an aftermarket spring set available to improve the trigger for about $25 from Combat Armory. A very comfortable grip and great shooter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    Could any of the owners go in to how it disassembles and what it’s like to clean?

I like the idea of this, but I think it’ll really take of when more manufacturers jump in to the field on this.
    Disassembly and cleaning are very easy. Field stripping is well thought out and doesn’t require any tools. Complete disassembly is a lot like working on a Glock.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast