Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silencerco Maxim 9 built all in-house, makes debut at SHOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    The Maxim 9 disassembles easily and is quite easy to clean. The polymer frame is easily removed by punching one pin. There are some vids on YouTube that show disassembly. Pistol is quiet, lighter than you would think, a little front heavy but not bad, and with an RMR mounted accurate as anything else on the market. It sits next to my bed stand with a light attached for home defense. I love it, takes ubiquitous Glock mags, feeds ball and hollow point Ammo. There is an aftermarket spring set available to improve the trigger for about $25 from Combat Armory. A very comfortable grip and great shooter.
    I wish I could get mine to run reliably with the aftermarket trigger springs and my reloads but I really think that is a primer problem not really a problem with the gun itself. The RMR is great to have and the gun is extremely accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I had to remove the upgraded striker spring because it does not like the hard primers on Freedom Munition 147 grain RN ball ammo that I use for the range. The spring that really makes a difference to the trigger is the little trigger dingus spring.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    I had to remove the upgraded striker spring because it does not like the hard primers on Freedom Munition 147 grain RN ball ammo that I use for the range.
    Was that with the heavier striker spring too?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234