Thread: Sig's newest members

Feedback Score

Sig's newest members

Seems Sig hires Kyle Lamb for their training team. Wonder if we will be seeing a V-Tac MPX or MCX in the future.

http://www.policeone.com/training/ar...shooting-teams

During SHOT Show every year, spending some time at the Clark County Shooting Complex for Sig Sauer’s annual range day event is a must. In addition to shooting all kinds of new and familiar Sig firearms — everything from the tried and true P226, P229, and P320 pistols to the MCX rifle and MPX subgun —we always look forward to the demonstration by championship shooter and Sig Sauer Shooting Team Captain Max Michel.

His expertise and shooting skills are phenomenal, and Michel presents training ideas which even a mediocre shooter (read: yours truly) can take home and implement in a meaningful way right away. Michel delivered (as he always does) some great tips (which I will write up at a later date) and showed some of the amazing capabilities he has as a shooter. Then, he handed the microphone to a Sig Sauer company executive, who proceeded to drop two pretty major bombshells.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWR075 View Post
    Seems Sig hires Kyle Lamb for their training team. Wonder if we will be seeing a V-Tac MPX or MCX in the future.

http://www.policeone.com/training/ar...shooting-teams
    I think that will help promote the MCX platform, good move.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    He seems to be in with Christensen pretty good as far as long guns are concerned. The P320 seems to be flavor of the week on the handgun side right now. Lamb recently had a pic of a 320 on his Facebook page. That's probably the connect.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    He seems to be in with Christensen pretty good as far as long guns are concerned.
    lol.

THAT is exactly the problem with taking someone who is legit and paying enough money. You can have someone who otherwise seems to know what they're doing running a garbage system (no specific offense to Chistensen barrel owners, but automotive carbon fiber tubes tension on a gun barrel, is not exactly as legit as the price tag may make it seem).

Sponsorship are the absolute last thing that should promote purchase decision on your part. FWIW.... I know someone that was sponsored by Remington to run the VersaMax, their gun (and others) had Benelli trigger packs in them because the Remington one wasn't as reliable. Still showed up, still shot the gun, still talked it up.

Money > Personal feelings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    lol.

THAT is exactly the problem with taking someone who is legit and paying enough money. You can have someone who otherwise seems to know what they're doing running a garbage system (no specific offense to Chistensen barrel owners, but automotive carbon fiber tubes tension on a gun barrel, is not exactly as legit as the price tag may make it seem).

Sponsorship are the absolute last thing that should promote purchase decision on your part. FWIW.... I know someone that was sponsored by Remington to run the VersaMax, their gun (and others) had Benelli trigger packs in them because the Remington one wasn't as reliable. Still showed up, still shot the gun, still talked it up.

He is not just endorsing and posing with products. Lamb was hired by Sig's Training Team which happens to be one of the largest in the industry with 15 full time instructors and over 70 adjunct instructors. Lamb will join a team that includes basically a platoon of SEALs, 3 former CAG members, and shooting names like Bruce Gray.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    lol.

Having taken a number of Kyles classes and him having the gun there, I can tell you he will in no way advertises for them in class. He doesn't try to show people the gun, or sing praise about it, he basically said he's testing it out and working with them. Same with the leupold optics he tries. If you want to touch the gun or ask him about it, you had to approach him. There was never any time where he would have people gather around to talk about his gun, or check it out.

Kyle is very very good about this, I have taken a class form the LAV and would say he really opposite of Kyle on this. Where Kyle did not talk shit about any legit gun company, nor promote any, LAV did both.

I took Kyles street fighter class in 2015 at Sigs facility. Awesome class and awesome facility. I really hope Kyle hosts a bunch of open enrollment classes at Sig, I'd take them all.