Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up On Sons Of Liberty Gun Works - San Antonio, Texas

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Heads Up On Sons Of Liberty Gun Works - San Antonio, Texas

Hi, I just wanted to give a heads up to the fine folks who are a part of this site and the Firearms community in general. This is just my opinion from my experience. Some of you may have had good experiences and some not so much. I know the reviews for SOL Gun works over the last few weeks have not been good. Several weeks ago I placed two orders with a small company in San Antonio, Texas called, Sons Of Liberty Gun Works. Seemed like it could be a good place to do business with and it's relatively close to my home state of Oklahoma.

I bought a 10 pack of Sure feed 30 Round mags and a lower receiver. I provided my FFL information as requested and was good to go on my end. or so I thought.

Several days went by.. Like 10. No word from these people on the Magazines which should have arrived by now. Texas to Oklahoma is not that far away. Sent them an email asking the status. No reply. gave them a few more days then sent another email. nothing. Few more days, called and their mailbox was full. posted another message on Facebook and still no reply. After trying another phone call and email I then just decided it was best to contact my Bank and reverse the charges. Very poor customer service and needless to say, I have never had a business be it small or large, treat me the way this place has done. We are talking 15 Business days here.

So, just a warning. Maybe others can see this post and not make the same mistake I did. I rolled the dice on this place and crapped out. Be cautious. I will stick to the places I know. Like, Spikes tactical, Bravo Company and Palmetto State Armory. At least I know I will get what I ordered. If this is posted in the wrong area, I apologize. I know I have not been a member of this site long but I have been in the firearms community for a long time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems like an anomaly of an experience. Weird. They seem to have overwhelmingly positive reviews overall.

Feedback Score
    Literally the first bad thing I've heard. They are active here, I'd expect a response soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Perhaps it's legitimate, but I thought enough of them to have them build a rifle for me. We'll see for sure, as soon as I get it. I''m keeping the faith at this time.

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” China Fences In Its Nomads, and an Ancient Life Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times; July 12, 2015.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SheepleShepherd View Post
    I know I have not been a member of this site long..............
    No kidding - post count of 1! Did you try emailing Mike directly? Mike@sonsoflibertygw.com
    Or sending a PM via this forum where SOLGW is a member?
    Last edited by austinN4; 08-21-16 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really hate to jump in here, but I'll share my experience. In June I purchased a 16" complete upper, ALG rail, nothing super special.

14 days from order to shipping notification, with delivery coming a couple days after. They ship everything 2 day, which is really nice.

I wasn't able to get my eotech mounted flat, as it seemed like the receiver rail was slightly out of spec. The mating between the upper rail and FF handguard was clearly not level, with a couple mm gap on the right hand side. I also had some pretty major feeding issues, with rounds binding on the feed ramp from an open bolt. I did the usual troubleshooting, and confirmed the lower and mags was OK with a known-good spare upper.

I contacted Mike about this and he was pretty surprised, and indicated they hadn't had an upper come back yet and asked me to send the upper and lower up to them for review. He mentioned that they'd send the rifle back GTG, which I appreciated. I also asked for a quick email update once they figured out what was wrong, and this request was confirmed. Mike mentioned they'd stake the castle for me, something I hadn't gotten around to yet.

I shipped the rifle back on a Friday, and had the rifle back in hand the next Friday. Real quick turnaround there, very impressed.

Unfortunately, I didn't get an email indicating that the upper was being shipped back, or describing what the problem was or what was replaced / fixed. The castle also wasn't staked, which is no big deal. Fortunately I stopped home Friday on my way out of town, or the rifle would have been sitting on my porch all weekend.

I've put about 750 rounds through the upper since then, and it's a really sweet shooting piece. Whatever they did, it fixed the rail and feeding issue completely, and I haven't had any FTFs since the upper's return. Groupings are nice and tight. Now that the upper's in hand, I'm impressed with it's performance.

Again, I don't want to give a negative impression about SOLGW, and they did fix the issue (whatever it was) without hesitation or complaint. Mike seemed like a good guy when I spoke with him and was very prompt about returning calls. I would have liked to know what the initial problem was, but since it's shooting so well now I have put it out of my mind.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by al800; 08-21-16 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I recently ordered from SOLGW. Both of my upper build kits were missing roll pins and only one of the two SpringCo recoil springs showed up. I emailed them Friday evening and had shipping confirmation for the missing items from Kyle on Saturday morning, but it was still inconvenient to be missing pieces from multiple items in my order. At least I had easy communication with them.

Feedback Score
    Austin, We all have to start somewhere. No, I did not email Mike. I don't even know who Mike is. I emailed Kyle because that is the website said to email regarding Orders. I gave them plenty of chances to respond. I was giving them a chance but over 15 days wait time for a Lower and some AR Magazines?? come on... Appreciate your concern for my Newbie status though...

Feedback Score
    Travis, well at least you got an email. I emailed the guy 3 times, called twice and left a message on Facebook and never heard anything. At the very minimum they should have said they didn't have the stuff in stock. as a matter of fact, if you go to the website and try to find the Surefeed magazines you get a 404 page not displayed message. Just a simple email saying, hey we don't have the items in stock would have been good enough for me. they could have refunded my money and I would have been happy. I hate having to do things the hard way. It's never good for anyone.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So you slam SOL and endorse PSA?? The company that has some of the worst shipping times in the industry?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast