Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy GAU5?

Feedback Score

Troy GAU5?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-powmia-rifle/

Going to their booth to check it out today. I would have liked to see Colt or even FN do this. Hopefully Troy does not f this up. May be a fun toy. Initial thoughts?

Feedback Score
    just looking at the rifle. As stated above, I wish Colt had done this.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Troy is a good company and the stuff above is partially blown out of proportion. They made right by their mistakes.
    Anyway, this looks really good actually. Very accurate clone, and with the popularity of vintage rifles, it should do well. If I were buying another rifle, I wouldn't hesitate

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Troy GAU5?

So troy is making a sport version?

Edit: Now that I can see the pics better, I redact the above statement.
    Last edited by Scrubber3; 01-23-16 at 00:19.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wish Colt would release one with A1 lower, I think there is a market for them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very cool, I love these guns. However I'd like to see the role marks on them.

I wish Colt would do this with some awesome role marks.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Very cool, I love these guns. However I'd like to see the role marks on them.

I wish Colt would do this with some awesome role marks.
    If you go on the troy site, you can zoom in on the marks. They say property of US GOVT, pretty cool

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I wish Colt would release one with A1 lower, I think there is a market for them.
    There is a market for A1 lowers now. Of course, Nodak Spud has been making them for several years now and McKay Enterprises starting making them again. Now, Brownells is going to be putting out A1 lowers and uppers. They are using Nodak Spud forgings and doing the finishing work themselves. The A1 uppers are marked "NDS". Their receivers will be anodized black. Nodak Spud will still be doing theirs in XM Gray and black. McKay Enterprises does theirs in XM Gray, but their finishing work on the metal is not as nice as what Nodak Spud turns out. NDS is also cheaper ($160 shipped) than McKay ($155 + shipping). Brownells is $150 + shipping.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Cool. I would imagine that non-USAF types have probably never heard of the GAU-5 designation. When I was stationed in the UK, us airmen got M16's and the officers and NCO's got GAU-5's for convoy duty.

Feedback Score
    Regarding GAU-5's, that's pretty slick! I do wish they'd offer a factory SBR version since that is what the real ones were.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast