Thread: Can "Mindfulness" Help You?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Can "Mindfulness" Help You?

To some, it may seen eastern hippie dippie stuff, but it's not. Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn is a western trained scientist who has brought the concepts of mindfulness (via meditation, lectures, and other modalities) to the mainstream, has published studies on its beneficial effects, and has the support of many within the medical community. Be you a vet, a housewife, or stressed out business man, this is information that could be very helpful. This vid does a nice job on the "big picture" of it and it's beginnings, and his first book Full Catastrophe Living is a good place to start for those interested. For some, this can be life changing info.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've tried mindfulness techniques and it definitely helps. It's hard for me to stick to (just as any routine like exercise can be) but when I do I'm less stressed out, sleep better and have more energy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin' Jimmy View Post
    I've tried mindfulness techniques and it definitely helps. It's hard for me to stick to (just as any routine like exercise can be) but when I do I'm less stressed out, sleep better and have more energy.
    It is hard, far more difficult than you appreciate until you try it, then you see just how much the mind resists it and how helpful it can be.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of mindfulness and EI/EQ concepts. Great topic.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of mindfulness and EI/EQ concepts. Great topic.
    Been trying to "work" on this more myself, but as you know, it may be simple, but it's far from easy. What's your approach and what/who have you found useful? I like Zinn because he's a legit scientist who's made the concepts more approachable for science minded/objective thinkers like myself, and less mystical eastern swami stuff that many are turned off by. He's the guy (for me) who seems to have made that east meets west jump without mystical hoopla.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Last edited by Waylander; 03-03-16 at 20:32.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?