Thread: Surefire XC1 Issue

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Surefire XC1 Issue

Hey guys, I have a Surefire XC1 that I bought for my HK VP9 to use as a dedicated weapon mounted carry light. It is not my primary light, as I have a SF E2D Ultra for that role, but its intent was to be mounted and carried on the gun 100% of the time. I've had the light for a little over a month now but have not had a chance to mount and shoot it until earlier this afternoon.

The problem I am having is with the constant on switch not working when pushed into the "on" position. Constant on and momentary on both worked prior to the light being mounted but after the first mag through the gun with the light mounted the constant switch no longer works. The only time constant on actually works is if the light is set to the "on" position and a round is fired or the slide is released to chamber a round. I'm assuming the force of the weapon during recoil and when the slide is released is causing something internally to engage thus turning the light on. When this happens the light turns on and stays on and you can turn the light off like normal by depressing the constant on switch on the right side. If you try to turn the light on again immediately after it still does not work, so basically the "on" funtion is broke but the "off" function works. Using the momentary switch on both right and left sides still works 100% of the time, however. I've also noticed when depressing the constant on switch from the right side to turn the light off there is a distinct "click" sound and it feels as if there is a small amount of binding when doing so.

Has anyone else had this issue with their XC1? I've searched and there appears to be at least two others on other forums that have had issues but they were unrelated to my specific issue. I plan on calling Surefire tomorrow to see about getting it fixed or replaced. This is my fifth Surefire product and the others have served me well so it comes as a bit of a suprise. I ordered an IWB holster for this light and I am expecting it sometime this week so it's kind of a bummer to have this issue.

UPDATE: I called Surefire and was able to speak to a representative earlier today. After describing the issue I was informed that the issue with the constant on has been an issue with a few other XC1's (less than 5 from what I was told) and I was given the information to send in the light for warranty repair/replacement. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly but with the time of year who knows. Thankfully Surefire took care of it with no hastle so I'm definitely happy on that end!
    Last edited by Rogue556; 01-25-16 at 15:15. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got an XC1 last week. Finally got a change to put a couple mags of ammo thru it. Now Im having the same issues as the one described above Rogue556! I'll have to wait until Monday to contact SureFire. This is B.S for a light that costs this much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If either of you had searched for XC1 issues, you would have been able to read all about how Surefire basically completely dropped the ball on this one. As of right now it is not worth buying. Too many reports of exactly the same problem.

Return for refund if possible, wait for the XC2 or get a X300U-B or some other brand.