Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mega SF-MATEN (7.2 lbs. .308 16")

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So is this thing just a myth at this point? Was suppose to ship last summer then they said it's in mass production at shot this year, yet they're still not shipping to dealers.
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yup. It's vaporware.

Mega told me it was supposed to be out to dealers at the end of Dec. '16 when I called them about it at the end of Nov. '16.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Handled it at SHOT '17, so at least one exists. I forget when the lady said it might be out - summer / fall 17, maybe?

I guess they got Surefire's old product development timeline person.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thats unfortunate because it really looks like a nice rifle
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone heard anything?

Feedback Score
    Too bad it is Vaporware.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah I tracked this for a while and was really interested, especially because I live right up the road from these guys and they build quality components. But...we've been hearing about this for what, 2 years? Rooting for them, but not holding my breath.

Also curious what other folks think about the small-frame 7.62 AR concept: its long term reliability and durability versus a larger-frame one. The IDEA of a small-frame AR is great for the weight savings and the increased parts compatibility. But the thing I wonder, and not convinced it has been proven yet, is whether these small frame 7.62 AR's can hold up as well as the large frame ones. It's kind of revealing that makers of tier 1 7.62 AR's like KAC and LMT, are still making large frame ones that run 8 to 9 pounds even for their lightest models.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Yeah I tracked this for a while and was really interested, especially because I live right up the road from these guys and they build quality components. But...we've been hearing about this for what, 2 years? Rooting for them, but not holding my breath.

Also curious what other folks think about the small-frame 7.62 AR concept: its long term reliability and durability versus a larger-frame one. The IDEA of a small-frame AR is great for the weight savings and the increased parts compatibility. But the thing I wonder, and not convinced it has been proven yet, is whether these small frame 7.62 AR's can hold up as well as the large frame ones. It's kind of revealing that makers of tier 1 7.62 AR's like KAC and LMT, are still making large frame ones that run 8 to 9 pounds even for their lightest models.

Mr. Lighter,Faster,Stronger...started from the ground up using some of the guys who built some of the other "tier 1 systems"...and chose another full-size system.

That's a HUGE "clue", imo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wanted one of these pretty bad and ended up buying 2 different sr25's since it was announced.My ACC is 8lbs even with a magpul ctr stock and its 100% proven.Shaving that extra 3/4 of a pound would be pretty sweet but it seems like its not as easy as people think.I wonder if its been delayed longer since the merger of mega and zev happened.It also seems like POF beat them to the punch with the revolution

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    I wanted one of these pretty bad and ended up buying 2 different sr25's since it was announced.My ACC is 8lbs even with a magpul ctr stock and its 100% proven.Shaving that extra 3/4 of a pound would be pretty sweet but it seems like its not as easy as people think.I wonder if its been delayed longer since the merger of mega and zev happened.It also seems like POF beat them to the punch with the revolution
    Yep, saw the new POF revolution on their site (https://pof-usa.com/revolution/), a 7.62 AR weighing in at 7.3 lbs. Cool in concept. From what I've seen reported by others (but never owned one), POF historically are not in the same reliability/durability/performance class as KAC and LMT. Glad to see them building these, and hope they turn out great. But not convinced yet that the small-frame 7.62 AR, including POF, has proven its long term durability/reliability. And not willing to test the waters at nearly $2700 to find out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast