Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega SF-MATEN (7.2 lbs. .308 16")

Feedback Score

Mega SF-MATEN (7.2 lbs. .308 16")

Mega Arms never fails to deliver some amazing, top quality new products at SHOT Show and this year they did the same. Some of their new products include an absolutely sick Light Weight .308 rifle, 22″ 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, Dedicated .22lr upper and their new DogBone optic mount.

MEGA ARMS Small Frame .308 Rifles.
    These rifles will be available this coming summer. These are “Small Frame” meaning most of the parts are AR-15 compatible parts aside from things like the barrel, mag well, etc. This helps the 16″ .308 rifle weigh in at just 7.2lbs. Will be available in 18″, 16″ and SBR models. All models will come with an adjustable gas block. These will be available only as complete rifles.

Source: http://www.ar15news.com/2016/01/20/s...016-mega-arms/

I am quite intrigued by this; a higher quality DPMS G2 of sorts. I had been considering building my own .308 AR this year, but without some seriously exotic/expensive components, I wasn't going to get it below 7.7 lbs. Mega has stated on their Facebook that MSRP will be around 2500 USD, which I think is quite competitive, and that dealers can preorder now for a summer release. My only reservation is the barrel; I would assume it's a melonited 416R, and I'd prefer a chrome-lined CMV, and given the proprietary nature of the platform, I doubt it'd be easy to do a barrel swap. Also would like to know what kind of barrel profile it has.

A little more info here:
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-25-16 at 10:54.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Saw these when they hit the news Tuesday. Awesome setup. So unfortunate it's a complete rifle and not a buildable set. I think eventually it will be, but there's probably good reasons it's not yet. Make a buildable upper/lower combo MEGA! Call it the Mega Arms MINITEN! I'll buy two sets day 1!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very cool, looks like a ton of machine work there.

I'm surprised the rail is 6000 series aluminum and not 7075. I thought their wedge lock rails were 7075?

Feedback Score
    MEGA's MKMs/MMLs are 6000 too. I have one and it's PLENTY strong. Ridiculous strength. If I was building a large-frame, long-reach bipod rifle, it'd be on the MKM/MML platform.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks good. I wonder where they cut the weight from. Is it from the scalloped parts of the receiver?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Looks good. I wonder where they cut the weight from. Is it from the scalloped parts of the receiver?
    I have been told the barrel profile is quite thin, too, which worries me a bit for suppressed use.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really hope they release the 12.5" on the initial launch. I'll buy one for sure.
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone

Feedback Score
    They need a 6.5 Creedmoor or .260 Rem with a Bartlein or Lilja barrel option.

Those will sell like crack. Love the Mega receiver/handguard sets.

Feedback Score
    I saw this at Shot and about needed to excuse myself for some alone time. It really is a beautiful piece. I'd still pick the Falkor Defense ALPHA DMR 308 AMBI even though it's $1500 more ... but this is a close 2nd.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    A lot of the weight reduction comes from using the smaller G2-sized BCG and receivers.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast