Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Geissele SSA purchased

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFord125 View Post
    The first stage for the SSA is 2.5lbs, vs 2.3 for the SSA-E. But it's the second stage that makes the difference for me - 2.0lbs for the SSA vs 1.2 for the SSA-E. That 1/2 pound difference is significant to me.
    Thank you for your response. Besides the weight difference, is it a different feel? I know the SSA-E has an icicle like break, but I've never felt the break on the SSA. Is the break on the SSA feel the same but just heavier? Or is it a smoother, different feeling break than the SSA-E?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    Thank you for your response. Besides the weight difference, is it a different feel? I know the SSA-E has an icicle like break, but I've never felt the break on the SSA. Is the break on the SSA feel the same but just heavier? Or is it a smoother, different feeling break than the SSA-E?
    Just walked in from the mail box, another SSA for the new Colt 6720! I'm not sure if I can adequately describe it but the break on the SSA is slightly different than on the SSA-E. I also feel that the break on the SSA-E has that icicle like break, but the SSA is, mmmm, like a thicker icicle type brake.

Okay, I just went back to the safe and pulled out 4 rifles, 2 with the SSA, and 2 with the SSA-E. The break is just slightly different, not really better on either one, just a little different feel. I know that that didn't help much.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    Will the SSA-E spoil you if you're used to the SSA?
    Different trigger for different uses.

I use an SSA on everything with irons up to a low powered variable. With anything with an 8X or higher max magnification, I think the SSA-E will be an advantage.

The new SSAs seem to be a little lighter and more crisp than the old ones. I shot SSAs a lot about ten years ago and I always called 'em a 'three stage trigger' and didn't care for 'em. All I owned back then were SSA-Es on everything. The new ones have a definite break that feels like a heavy SSA-E to me. I really like 'em now (have 4 of 'em).

Feedback Score
    Geissele tool kit: hands like vises, fingers like steel; that hammer spring is strong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234