Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howa rifles?

Feedback Score
    Glad I could help. I really debated between the 223Rem, 7.62x39 and 6.5Grendel. I have two other bolt action rifles chambered in 7.62x39 and most of the parts for a 6.5Grendel build. I decided to get the 223Rem because the price is so low and the Zastava 223Rem bolt action that I have is setup for iron sights. If I like it, I'll probably get a 6.5Grendel.

Feedback Score
    Just found out about the MiniActions listed above, am thinking heavily about that 6.5 Grendel for my deer gun. I currently use a Savage 10 FSP-SR, yes that is a heavy barreled more precision rifle and I need to replace it eventually, it works for now, but I think that a 6.5 Grendel would be an amazing caliber for the way up north woods in which I hunt.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As much as I love Grendel in ARs, and think the mini actions are neat, I'd have a hard time not making the leap to to 260 or Creedmore.

Not that the Grendel won't take deer and hogs well, it's just that in bolt guns the longer cartridges are so good.

That said, I do suspect I'll own one of the mini actions in Grendel before its over with. Especially with the cheap steel case plinking ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    That said, I do suspect I'll own one of the mini actions in Grendel before its over with. Especially with the cheap steel case plinking ammo.
    I found ppu brass online for 40 cents a round

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I found ppu brass online for 40 cents a round
    I mostly reload grendel, but the cheap ammo options (Steel, PPU/Wolf Gold) are nice to have. And reasonable priced premium (Hornady A-Max & SST) prices are not bad, I pay about the same for premium 5.56.

I bought the steel when they had special case lot pricing last fall. I'm hoping they will do that again.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Howa rifles are good to go imo. Excellent value for what you pay and I've been around a few now that are quite accurate. Not the lightest rifle out there, however.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by akssdude View Post
    Howa rifles are good to go imo. Excellent value for what you pay and I've been around a few now that are quite accurate. Not the lightest rifle out there, however.
    Absolutely, one of the finest factory actions out there. M16 extractor, flat bottom, integral recoil lug. Some people say the downside is the metric threads if you want to re-barrel. Any competent gunsmith can do metric; it's a moot point.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    I picked up my Howa 1500 Mini action in 223Rem yesterday. It looks great and the trigger is awesome. Now I just have to get a scope.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123