Ares Armor 15" Harpe rail
    BCM buffer and tube (mil-spec)
    Wilson Combat mid length gas tube
    Low profile gas block .750
    Magpul MOE stock
    Magpul MOE pistol grip
    Mil-spec polished trigger and hammer
    Ares Armor 80% billet lower
    Last edited by crf450rr; 08-16-17 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nicely done.
    Certainly a caliber on my wish list.

Feedback Score
    Great looking rifle! I like the 6.8SPC! I have a DD v7, runs well.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    That is one fine looking weapon crf. I looked through all the pics in your photo bucket and I just want to compliment you on what sure looks like oustanding work. I'm interested in hearing some feedback on your 80. Did you like the Ares Arms lower and jig set? Did you use a mill or a router to mill it out?
    Also it looks like you had a Lantec Dragon MB at one point - did you change that to accommodate the can?

Lastly, I just want to ask "What's next?!?!?!!"

Ok, I have one more question - I saw the white receivers - did you do a homemade cerakote or did you a rattle can? The finish - both the FDE or Coyote and black are just outstanding.

Ok for real this is my last question. Thoughts on the 2.5 PA scope? I've looked at a couple of reviews on the 5x and it does seem to be a very impressive optic. I've heard very good things about PA and I know I've exchanged a few emails with their CEO and he is a super nice and helpful guy.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 02-04-16 at 14:09.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    That is one fine looking weapon crf. I looked through all the pics in your photo bucket and I just want to compliment you on what sure looks like oustanding work. I'm interested in hearing some feedback on your 80. Did you like the Ares Arms lower and jig set? Did you use a mill or a router to mill it out?
    Also it looks like you had a Lantec Dragon MB at one point - did you change that to accommodate the can?

Lastly, I just want to ask "What's next?!?!?!!"

Ok, I have one more question - I saw the white receivers - did you do a homemade cerakote or did you a rattle can? The finish - both the FDE or Coyote and black are just outstanding.

Ok for real this is my last question. Thoughts on the 2.5 PA scope? I've looked at a couple of reviews on the 5x and it does seem to be a very impressive optic. I've heard very good things about PA and I know I've exchanged a few emails with their CEO and he is a super nice and helpful guy.
    Thanks, I liked the AA jigs better than the others I've tried. I have a cheap harbor freight mill I bought about 10 years ago but it does the job.
    I used Brownells aluma hyde II for the lower. The only thing I didn't like about it is it takes about 3 weeks to cure.
    The AA raw billet lowers are really 85% lowers.
    The PA 2.5 scope is nice for close range work and I want to get a 1 to 6X for the 6.8.