Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ELCAN HCO, possible EOTECH replacement?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ELCAN HCO, possible EOTECH replacement?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-combat-optic/

Saw this earlier, looks pretty promising although that weight... almost 15oz. Waiting to see some actual reviews for it but if the MSRP hits between 450-600 could be a great addition especially considering you can get various reticles.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    1200 hours out of a holo-sight isn't terrible. If this fits most of the Elcan quality out there, it could be a fantastic optic going forward.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    From what I read from other people attending shotshow, its got a slightly bigger view than the EOTECH, better brightness controls. Looking forward to some more info in the next few months.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I take it as it will have a pixalated looking reticle like the Eotech?

Feedback Score
    The rep I spoke to at shot seemed to allude to the fact that this is not the final design. The "bat wings" on the top are supposed to go as well as other aesthetic parts.
    The reason i thought it was heavy was because all the adjustments are external. When you make an adjustment, it moves the whole objective lense assembly piece on the upper half over the mount, rather than any adjustments being internal, I.e. Eotech.
    Overall I liked it. Needs some refinement on the grainy dot, and it needs more brightness options.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Looks promising. I really, really like shooting with an Eotech. I just wish someone could execute the final product better than Eotech. Maybe this will be it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy View Post
    When you make an adjustment, it moves the whole objective lense assembly piece on the upper half over the mount, rather than any adjustments being internal, I.e. Eotech.
    Which may very well be the route of the issue with the eotech

Feedback Score
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Are there any updates on this?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, I've always hoped for an Eotech type optic that worked. Elcan's are usually rugged so this seems promising.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast