Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you guys think of this?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yea the cast but is not staked yet. The sling attachment plate is made out of steel and can't be dented very easily. I'll be changing that out for a QD play in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good!
    type 2 operator

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    great job with the pinning and weld. enjoy shooting!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Shot the rifle today put about 100 rounds down range. Got the aimpoint sighted in good. Couldn't get the irons sighted in. I don't have a tool and the bullet trick wouldn't work worth a damn with the HK style front sight. I for see an A5 with at LEAST the h2 buffer in the future. This gun was throwing brass insanely far and ejecting at the 5-5:30 mark. I'm guessing that it's that over gassed? It's currently running a BCM carving spring and an H2 buffer. This was with some federal XM193 and Wolf military classic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok well I saw the ejection pattern "chart" and I'm pretty confused by it. It says that my weapon could be short stroking but it doesn't feel that way. I feel like the BCG is coming back so fast that it's throwing the brass far away. It's a 14.5 DD mid length barrel. With an H2 buffer. I was worried about reliability with that combo die to earlier research I did saying that buffer was too heavy. What do you guys think? Lighter carbine buffer? A5 with an A5H2 or something lighter?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Ok well I saw the ejection pattern "chart" and I'm pretty confused by it. It says that my weapon could be short stroking but it doesn't feel that way. I feel like the BCG is coming back so fast that it's throwing the brass far away. It's a 14.5 DD mid length barrel. With an H2 buffer. I was worried about reliability with that combo die to earlier research I did saying that buffer was too heavy. What do you guys think? Lighter carbine buffer? A5 with an A5H2 or something lighter?

I would say that with 5.56 its gonna toss the brass a little farther than .223. If its running without issues, I wouldn't worry about it. Typically over gassed will throw the brass in 1 o'clock position as its getting ejected as soon as it can.

I think typically 14.5" middies are the most finicky and common advice says to run H buffer. H2 may be a little too heavy. A5 wouldn't be a bad combo with the standard a5 buffer. A standard H buffer will be cheaper than the A5 conversion.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It runs fine so far with the H2 but the muzzle jumps around more then my carbine 16 inch gun. I just want to smooth it out as much as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123