Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Cost of Ownership

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    The more you'll realize how nice it is to have dedicated cans.
    The more I look at it the more I tend to agree. Looks like Ill put an omega on order as soon as my taxes come back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just fwiw.... I think the Hybrid is probably the last can you'd ever WANT to use on a pistol. It's heavier, likely louder than other options, and it's 1.50" in diameter so it will block sights even some suppressor sights.

I get that everyone is on the "DO IT ALL!!!!" craze, but take a step back. IMO the Hybrid is the best option for big bore versatility. There might be a better option for a big bore dedicated, I don't know. But buying one and trying to cross rifle and pistol? Nah.

You realize that if you shoot 20 rounds of rifle or so, that you're done with that can for 1/2 hour or so right? You're not going to be handling it to swap the end cap, swap the mount, install the piston, then shoot on the handgun.

Best case... Your current route, you're going to get really tired of swapping end caps and mounts.

I don't want to crap on your dreams, but the longer you're into cans... The more you'll realize how nice it is to have dedicated cans.
    Agreed 1000%. Started with a AAC SDN-6 and a Octane 45. They worked fine but saw the difference when shooting without ear pro and especially shooting with other guys with dedicated cans. Then ended up with 5 more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    The more I look at it the more I tend to agree. Looks like Ill put an omega on order as soon as my taxes come back.
    I think that's a solid move.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I have 3 cans. Two of them I regret b/c I wish I just got dedicated 556 and 9mm cans vs. 762 and 45.

Regret is maybe a strong term, but yeah, I would do it differently if I could start over.

Feedback Score
    So, if I wanted to shoot 9, 45, 5.56 and 300BLK then us getting a Optimus and then a dedicated 45 can the way to go?

Debating between a Revolution 45, Octane or the Ti-rant.

Denns

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Get dedicated cans. If not, get the sico hybrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    First off I will not shop at a liberal store
    Secondly,
    I will not shop at a store that is named after genitalia.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaD View Post
    So, if I wanted to shoot 9, 45, 5.56 and 300BLK then us getting a Optimus and then a dedicated 45 can the way to go?

Debating between a Revolution 45, Octane or the Ti-rant.

Denns
    Since people ARE going buy combo cans... At least an Omega with an Obsidian seems like a logical combo. You can add a subgun can, a dedicated 556, a precision 762, 22lr of course, etc without really overwriting anything.

It's a combo, but it's sensible. I can't really find a sensible combo with the Hybrid unless you're shooting big bore maybe.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Since people ARE going buy combo cans... At least an Omega with an Obsidian seems like a logical combo. You can add a subgun can, a dedicated 556, a precision 762, 22lr of course, etc without really overwriting anything.

It's a combo, but it's sensible. I can't really find a sensible combo with the Hybrid unless you're shooting big bore maybe.
    The omega is the exception to the rule. Badass, durable, light and relatively short with flat caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    First off I will not shop at a liberal store
    Secondly,
    I will not shop at a store that is named after genitalia.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Omega paid for today. Now the wait

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    Omega paid for today. Now the wait
    Smart move. I'll admit the Optimus does seem ok, and I don't even like Griffin. But the theory vs reality of the do-it-all-cans is too far apart.

I think you're going to be plenty happy with the Omega! If I was starting over today, I'd buy one without a second thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12